ciii ━━ soon you'll get better.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Disclaimer: fear of hospitals, trauma, heavy reference to rape and suicide

In doctor's-office-lighting, I didn't tell you I was scared

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Harry and Addy Apparated to Diagon Alley, appearing in their new location with a loud crack. She glanced around once they had recovered from the brisk transportation, a faint smile forming at their new surroundings.

Compared to the previous year, a majority of the shops were open and blooming with business. Children ran around, chasing each other and laughing. Their parents were following a little ways off, chatting as they gazed into the clear blue sky.

Everyone here was in high spirits, greeting each other jovially with grins spread across their faces. Even in the early morning, people could be found wide awake, able to sleep peacefully each night.

"It must be nice to know that you brought all this back." Addy murmured to Harry, her eyes scanning the jubilant alley.

"Yeah... yeah, it is." he chuckled softly with realization, beginning to swing their hands between them as they walked through the crowds.

The early June sun shone down on them lightly, the rays creating shadow patterns across the path. The sky was cloudless, a deep cornflower shade stretching across the horizon. Though she preferred looking up at night, the view was still beautiful like always.

She admired the determination of the atmosphere, always keeping the same dynamic. It never changed, showing up every morning and deepening its color at twilight.

As they walked, many people would stop to give Harry a curt nod or bow, smiling at the man who saved their world.

Many didn't stay to speak for long other than a couple words of gratitude, knowing that he didn't have the ambition to sign autographs or pictures.

His fans had a lot more respect for him than they had several years ago, and Addy certainly didn't forget about all those girls that flirted with him in their sixth year at Hogwarts.

"An honor, Mr. Potter." a butcher from the bakery whispered as they passed.

Harry bowed his head at him in gratitude, maintaining a focused expression with each word of thanks he was given. He was used to the praise he was given ever since the Battle of Hogwarts, never flustered.

Except for when Addy praised him.

The Alley was surprisingly crowded today, witches and wizards levitated their bags of groceries above their heads to avoid bumping into each other.

Addy never typically enjoyed crowds much, but it was relieving to see everyone trying their best to bring normal back into their lives. She could feel chills course down her spine at the thought of the area over a year ago when they arrived to buy school books for their sixth year