xi ━━ sorely miss.

· · ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

I want to wear his initial

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Weeks went by and the second Triwizard Tournament task date was looming over them.

Harry, Hermione, and Addy were all on one of Hogwarts' large bridges, admiring the wintery afternoon sky. It was chilly, but the cool air felt refreshing against her skin.

The wind blew slightly on their faces, making them feel numb. The sky was cloudy, admitting off a slightly grey hue, which gave off a melancholy mood. It was very fitting.

Hermione had wanted to speak with Harry to find out his status about finding the clue for the second task.

The egg still produced the same screeching noise whenever it was opened, so he was currently stuck at a dead end.

"You told me you had this egg figured out weeks ago!" Hermione was exclaiming. She had her hands tightly gripped on the edge of the bridge, irritated by Harry's procrastination.

"I was- er preoccupied." Harry responded, scratching his neck somewhat nervously.

He glanced over at Addy then looked away, a smile forming on his face, like he was thinking of a happy memory. Maybe he was.

"You need to have a plan!" Hermione continued to lecture, "You won't be able to get through the next task if you don't know what it is!"

"Lay off of him, Hermione." Addy interjected, "Besides, maybe the other champions haven't even solved the egg yet either."

"Do you know if Viktor has?" Harry asked Hermione, leaning against the bridge. His eyes scanned the horizon, overwhelmed.

Addy took her hand and slipped it into his, to reassure him. He glanced down at connection before looking up and shooting her a somber, yet grateful smile.

He looked as if he'd been dragged around this entire year, not given a break to catch his breath. Always sent to sacrifice his life, even if he didn't volunteer.

But knowing Harry, he would put himself in front of the danger, even if there was none.

"Actually, I wouldn't know." Hermione responded, her eyes furrowing with realization, "We don't talk much. Viktor's more of a physical being."

Addy and Harry caught each other's eyes, smirking. She could tell he was thinking the same thing as her, based on the mischievous look his eyes and lips indicated.

The two raised their brows curiously at Hermione, who quickly realized what she said and flushed slightly.

"Physical being, you say?" Addy grinned smugly, "I wonder how physical."