xvii ━━ cruel summer.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

The summer was uneventful. An unusually warm was that is. The temperature spiked above one hundred degree's Fahrenheit nearly every single day, leaving Addy to be stuck indoors her entire holiday.

She wanted to ride her broomstick around their yard, but the intense rays of the sun guarded outside, as if to ensure her quarantine in the house.

The only thing anyone could do out there was hide under the shade, which was slightly cooler with the subtle wind caressing their skins.

For once, Addy found herself wishing she was in detention with Snape instead of being cooped up in her home.

Harry constantly wrote her letters asking for news about the wizarding world. Addy replied of course, but didn't have much information to share unfortunately.

Her father strictly restricted everyone from talking about Voldemort and refused to share anything of the matter.

He would slam his hands down angrily against the table whenever Addy brought it up. It frustrated her greatly; she was jittery for the news about the wizarding world, but she was given none.

It didn't help that she inherited her father's temper. She couldn't help but end up in many hollering matches with him, usually ending with her mother sending the two of them in separate rooms until they calmed down.

Addy couldn't understand why he was being so secretive about everything. She was yearning to know anything about the world she grew up in, but it seemed as if everyone had a secret, refusing to share it with her.

She could only imagine how Harry would've felt. He was the center of the entire matter, yet everyone just danced around his questions, leaving them unanswered.

His letters didn't directly touch on the subject, but it was obvious that he was troubled. The phrases and words emphasized his irritation towards the letters Hermione and Ron hadn't sent.

Addy tried her best to answer, but even she didn't have much information to share. The only things she could expertly rant about would be the tedious, blazing summer.

Hermione had promised to write daily, but Addy only ever received letters from her every couple of weeks. Even then, they would be short and noninformative.

Addy received only one letter from Ginny, which was short, yet gave her something to look forward to.

She invited Addy over to their location, claiming that they would send a friend of theirs to pick her up.

Finally, after the first week of August, Addy received a letter from her. None of the Weasley's wrote, though Hermione was sure to send in Ron and Ginny's words to her in her letters.