civ ━━ it's nice to have a friend.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Disclaimer: mention of suicide and rape

You've been stressed out lately? Yeah, me too

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

JULY 5TH, 1998

The appointments with Xenia resumed every two weeks, and each one, Addy found it easier to speak of her trauma and emotions that had been difficult to rehash earlier.

Ever since she had revealed the events of the Malfoy Manor, Harry rarely left her side. She could tell he was guilt ridden by leaving her behind, although none of the matter was at his fault.

While it still hurt to reflect back upon those dark days, it was much easier than keeping it bottled up. She found it a relief to no longer keep any information from him, and speaking to him of her troubles seemed to help improve her mentality.

Harry and Addy were currently seated in the kitchen one July evening, sipping their teas in silence. Mary, Sirius, and Remus had gone out that night, insisted by the couple that they needed a break from everything, and they wouldn't be back for a good while.

Deciding to take advantage of the empty home, they invited Ron and Hermione over, who were expected to come by at any moment. Over the series of letters that was exchanged thanks to Hedwig, Hermione stated she had something exciting to show them, and Harry and Addy were to wait in anticipation.

"Hermione told me she was thinking of returning to Hogwarts." Addy was saying, leaning back into her seat. Her hand was absently in Harry's, sharing their warmth, "She wants to go back to finish her N.E.W.T's."

"Oh really?" Harry responded, "I shouldn't be too surprised. It is Hermione we're talking about."

She nodded, glancing down at her pale tea as she spoke quietly, "I'm sure I wouldn't want to go back... I've had too many nightmares from the battle to even look at the Hogwarts campus properly."

"Me too." Harry sighed, setting down his cup with a slight shake of his head, "I mean, yes, it was the first true home I've ever known, and I've had my happiest memories there, but I dunno if I can walk into Hogwarts without picturing Bill, Fleur, Fred, Lavender, Colin, and so many other's dead bodies."

He then wordlessly leaned forward to tug on her arm, indicating she moved closer. It appeared as if he wanted to be reassured and reassuring at once with the assistance of her presence.

Addy settled into his lap, resting her head against his shoulder and closing her eyes with his scent. One of his hands flattened against the small of her back, bringing her closer to him.

He rested his forehead against the top of her head, inhaling and exhaling deeply the thin yet thick air of Grimmauld Place. His presence was and would always be comforting to her, no matter where they stood with each other. She reminded herself that he was here, alive and well.