acknowledgments.

I honestly don't know what to say, but thank you to everyone who put themselves through all 118 chapters of Harry and Addy's story. I'm forever grateful for each read, comment, and vote I get on this book, and I applaud you for making it to the very end of a long fic lmao

And I'm sure each of you are sick and tired of hearing this shit over and over again but seriously, the amount of appreciative comments, messages, and tiktoks motivated me sm to write and I would literally walk over to my computer and easily write 5000 words in one sitting, no joke.

Chase of Desire had its many ups and downs, but I feel like it's in a good place now, where I'm proud of my writing and plot and my creativity. This book was originally started in October 2020 because of my boredom during quarantine, then was rewritten for the first time in late November of the same year, where I was slowly beginning to gain readers, then I decided to rewrite again by taking down all my old chapters in February 2021, when COD because to boom in readers that were present for each chapter I posted, and I'm forever grateful for that.

This book has finally ended in August 2021, and it's become such a huge part of my life, mainly because I'm attached to Addy (who is my absolute baby) and easily one of my favorite oc's ever.

We share many traits and she is mildly inspired off from me, although she is mostly her own character and I love everything about her, especially her healthy relationships with her loved ones and her stubbornness. I'm also extremely attached to Haddy and don't mind me if a make random announcements about their relationship :)

And I never even expected for this book to even get past 1k reads, so I'm just sitting ehre wondering how the fuck it's over 700k reads atm?? Like that's fucking insane-

And now for the thanks you's <3

gothyelena was my first ever friend here on wattpad and I'm forever grateful for that, sammydog1234 was my first ever true reader of this book back in december, and MenP0bia literally was the first person ever to be harsh about things happening in this book and I'm forever grateful for that (Idk if any of you will be seeing this or not but I love you xx)

-lanasock for being an old reader of this book and one of the biggest haddy shippers out there, and being burdened with this plot among a few others

-POTTERDIOR you were also a super old reader of this book and still managed to show up for each chapter of the rewrite without a fail, and ilysm Miracle xx

miazkaban , estorine , mxoonyskaz , and -kylahhh for being amazing mutuals on here and tiktok

@naomiscott for portraying the wonderful addy and @taylorswift for being the main inspo for this fic xx - both of you are the lomls <33

And another last thank you to all of my dear readers, friends, and lovers who made it to the end of this book and sat through each and every cringy word ever written.

ALSO I love you if you understood every Taylor reference I included here, and I made too many. At this point I should just credit Taylor here lmao

Be sure to check out my newest Harry fic, Wine Over Tears if you're looking for another story like this! My profile also has a few other Harry fics as well if you're interested (along with a COD one shot book).

To conclude, Chase of Desire is a book that holds a special place in my heart, alongside Harry and Addy's story. It was the first ever thing I wrote here on Wattpad, and while it was glimpsed upon like a mirrorball showing every different version, the main concept of Haddy will always remain the same. Thank you one final time for completing this story, and reaching the end of Harry and Addy's chase of desire.

- Mitha

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·