lxxxiii ━━ xenophilius lovegood.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

It is not darkness in my heart, just emptiness waiting for the sun

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

"I want to go see Xenophilius Lovegood." Hermione announced, many nights later.

Ron was occupied with a wooden wireless, attempting to find a specific program with a series of taps from his wand, but paused when she had spoken.

Harry was quietly watching him and too contorted his face into concern with Hermione's statement. He glanced up from the spare wand Ron had given him a while back, appearing to not like the sound of the idea.

Addy and Regulus were in the middle of their usual bickering, which seemed to have arrived much stronger ever since the death of her mother. However, Hermione sent them two vicious glares that managed to shush them up for the time being.

"Er- why?" Harry asked, breaking the heavy silence.

"Xenophilius Lovegood, Luna's father. I want to go and talk to him because it's that mark, the mark in the book Dumbledore gave me. Look at this!"

Hermione thrust the The life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore at Harry, who caught it efficiently and gave her a questioning look.

Addy stood from her location in the room to move behind him so that she could examine the pages, letting her hands fall onto his shoulders as she leaned forward. Her hair brushed his cheeks as he tensed with her touch, but gradually relaxed once he had gotten used to the sensation of her palms.

She squinted her eyes, discovering a letter within the pages of the book which she realized to be Dumbledore's to Grindelwald. The phrases were written in his familiar, slanted handwriting, unfortunately providing the real proof of their knowledge.

"Looks like Rita Skeeter got her facts right for once." Addy sighed, having been a victim of the reporter back in her fourth year; the love square between her Harry, Hermione, and Viktor Krum.

"That's not the point." Hermione ushered dismissively, "The signature, look at the signature!"

Harry sighed as he lit the tip of his wand, hastily holding it up against the letter in the book. Addy leaned even closer to see the fragmented detail, before discovering that the A in Albus had been replaced by the same triangular mark that kept cropping up.

"Viktor said that it was Grindelwald's mark, but it was definitely on that old grave in Godric's Hollow, and the dates on the headstone were long before Grindelwald came along!" Hermione exclaimed, "We can't go ask Dumbledore or Grindelwald, who possibly isn't even alive anymore, but we can ask Mr. Lovegood. He wore the symbol at the wedding!"

"We don't need another Godric's Hollow." Harry intently said, "We talked ourselves into going, and-"

"But it keeps appearing! Dumbledore left me the book of tales for a reason. How do you know we're not supposed to find out about the sign?"