xxxvi ━━ the 1.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

I'm doing good, I'm on some new shit

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy's summer could be described in one word: terrible.

Now that the Minister had confirmed that Voldemort was back, her father became even more protective than last summer. He was also very upset when he found out that Addy had faced Voldemort and his followers herself back in June.

He was furious when he discovered the scars that Umbridge had given her. Apparently, the two used to date back in their fifth year, but he broke up with her for Addy's mom, which explains Umbridge's hatred towards Addy. It remains a mystery how her father was attracted to the toad.

"Umbridge? You dated that fucking toad?" Addy had questioned, staring up at him in disbelief.

"Language, Adelaide." her mother said sternly, her posture stiff with the mention of the subject, "Yes your father did date Dolores."

He cleared his throat uncomfortably, unable to look his family in the eye, "Not one of my proud moments I must say."

"Obviously. Who in their right mind would fancy her?" Addy gagged, not wanting to think about the snog sessions that could've been shared between them, "But it does explain why I was one of her most hated students."

"Who were the others?" asked her mother.

"That Potter boy, who else." her father furrowed his brows with disapproval with the name.

Addy sighed heavily, staring up at the ceiling, "Dad, please don't start. Umbridge only hated Harry because the Ministry used to be against him."

"I don't care if he's the goddamn Chosen One or not! I want to meet him in person one day to see how he treats my daughter."

"I'm going to bed." she muttered in reply, standing from the couch and pushing her way towards the staircase.

Harry was a good boyfriend, her father just didn't know that. She wished he wouldn't be as controlling and would accept him, rather than hate.

Addy didn't dare mention their snog sessions; no outcome would end well. She decided to keep a majority of their relationship hidden, not seeing eye to eye with her parents.

They did not know about many things. Addy's ability to see the future was one; she had asked Professor Dumbledore if he could keep it private from them, which he agreed to. If they knew, they would fuss over her and get too clingy.

When she reached her bedroom, a familiar white owl was perched on a windowsill, peering at her through the glass.

"Hedwig!" Addy grinned at the sight of Harry's companion, opening the window to let her in. She stuck her leg out, indicating that she take the letter that was delivered by her.