xxxiii ━━ the calm before the storm.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐮𝐤𝐞

The evaporated dream that I would be adored became my identity as the thorn is to rose

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Soon enough, their O.W.L examinations went by.

Addy thought she excelled in Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, and Transfiguration.

Her Divination and History of Magic exams went alright while she felt a little uncertain about Care for Magical Creatures and Herbology.

She didn't exactly mind though. Addy had the ambition to train to be an Auror, so she felt confident about the classes that were important for them.

She'd been dreaming of fighting the dark arts and recently wondered if she should join the Order once she's old enough. It would be something worthwhile.

Addy was leaning against the three next to the Black Lake with Harry, Hermione, and Ron one sunny late afternoon.

They all wanted to take the opportunity to relax after a full year of studying and piling up assignments.

Hermione was a little ways off with Ron, explaining to him about Muggle transportations. He surprisingly found it interesting and was paying attention to every little word she said.

Though that could be for a different reason.

Harry was resting his head in Addy's lap, grinning at the two, "It's nice seeing them talk normally for once instead of yelling, yeah?"

She nodded, allowing her fingers to run through the silky texture of his hair, "I agree, but you and I both know that they can't go more than two hours without yelling at each other."

They chuckled then elapsed into a comfortable silence. The subtle wind was refreshing against her face, clearing out all of the negative thoughts that she had inside of the school.

The sun was hanging high over the lake, signifying it's departure soon. The soft waves of the water absorbed the light from above, sparkling before their eyes.

Harry was curled into her lap, playing with her free hand and occasionally kissing the scars Umbridge left on it. They were still there, the skin slowly growing over the letters.

"Hey Adds, I have an idea." Harry suddenly grinned mischievously.

He sat himself up from her lap, digging in his school bag for a moment. He pulled out a piece of parchment and crumpled it in his hands to make a ball.

"Your idea is wasting parchment?" Addy asked, raising a brow, "Sometimes I think this is the reason why you weren't put in Ravenclaw."

Harry frowned at her but held up the crumpled ball, "Let's bet for kisses."