lxxxviii ━━ the ferret & the pebble.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬/𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬/𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭

𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞

It's in the eyes, always the eyes

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

She couldn't.

She couldn't handle the obstacles she was thrown at any longer.

Nightmares forced themselves into her mind, prodding and pushing until it was successful with its overtake. It was the same one over and over again; a noose around Harry's delicate neck.

Addy often awoke from her terrors only to realize she was living one. Staring up at the experimenters who waved their wands over her body and prodded her this way and that, while visions of her worst fears floated before her sight.

She'd been thinking a lot over the days that stretched terribly slow, huddled in the corner of her bed as she stared at the darkness. Perhaps the isolation and lack of condolence was finally getting to her, twisting her mind to find logic in illogical subjects.

The only reason she was wanted by Voldemort was to find information about her visions and attempt to use her as a weapon against the other side of the war. She wasn't dead because she was vital to him.

But what would happen if she somehow died?

It would decrease Voldemort's chances of triumph and keep her loved ones safe. She was already believed to be dead in the first place, so what difference would it make?

She wasn't sure if she could live with only grief as her company; the deaths of her mother, father, and Regulus were far too overlooked. Her days hosted nothing but pain, fright, agony, and what Fenrir Greyback had done pushed her over the edge.

Addy needed to end her life.

It was simple really, there was no one out there waiting for her to come home.

Her plan was strategically weaved; one glass of water was given to her per day whenever her meager meals were given to her.

Glass.

She stared down at the cup that sat tauntingly in her lap, small droplets of water beading along the inner surface. The experimenting had finished just hours ago, meaning that she was still weak and numb to any sort of feeling.

The final strike of pain wouldn't hurt.

Without pausing to hesitate, Addy seized the glass in her hand and lifted it, before forcefully throwing it against the stone floor where before she stood. The glittering shards exploded into several different directions, landing back onto the surface with a cluttering sound.