Ch.36 | How life and Death Work

A/n"anything" = Author notes

'I am thinking....Thinking very hard'

"I am Speaking, speaking nonsense"

F/c = Favorite color

N/n = nickname

NC = Number of Cores

"Speaking to Y/n telepathically"

[anything] = gamer notification, using a skill or gamer action

Flashback

================================================================================================================================================================

Third POV:

Ulquiorra flew upwards trying to get to her fiance, however the moment she got close a sonic boom burst, taking her out of balance, she looked at the spot her husband had been flying in and saw no one there. 

Pouting and crossing her arms she looked towards the giant flying grim, there she saw her Fiance standing on Queen of Grim's throne. His feet were on her arm rests as he crouched down, to stare at the queen's eyes.

They both stared at each other, both with different emotions racing through their face. While the queen of Grim seemed angry and frustrated with a hint of fear, the boy didn't seem to hold emotion in his face, but his eyes, his eyes told a different story.

The queen of grim couldn't take her eyes off his odd colored eyes. His crimson blood right eye which had a golden cross shaped pupil seemed to stare right through her soul, while his emerald green eyes which had a silver cross shaped pupil seemed to analyse her being, both together brought a form of calculative and seriousness the queen couldn't help be nervous of. 

But why? 

Why was she scared of this Faunus?

Y/n on the other hand couldn't care less, he was just annoyed, although [Gamer's mind] seemed to erase that emotion from his face, his [Acting] skill, of course helping with his exterior emotion control. He had gotten used to it, he hid all of his emotions on the outside, always wearing a mask of cheerfulness outside. 

Only showing his true self when his anger went out of control. There were of course people capable of seeing through this mask, but most lived in a dimension away, and the others were his only closest people in the DxD world. Ryuu-jin, Amaterasy and Aoi, of course some others could see that something was wrong. Yasaka seemed to have a hint, but could never tell the true face behind his cheerfulness, though he could see that she had an idea sometimes. 

He stared at the queen of grim and wondered, how could someone like her, become a puppet to her own emotion. How could someone that was said to be so wise, said to be a calculative and manipulative queen seem so dumb infront of his eyes, seem so ignorant. He couldn't understand.

He looked at her eyes in intrigue. 

"Why?" He asked looking at the queen's eyes.

"Why?" She asked back as Y/n narrowed his eyes and got closer to her. Without any emotion in his face, and with pure innocent curiosity he asked once again.

"Why?" He questioned looking at her pale face for any kind of reaction from her.

"Why, what?" She questioned once again as Y/n sighed and put a hand on his chin.

"I just can't understand, why you did all of that. You persecuted Ozma for over thousands and thousands of years, I don't understand why on earth someone so powerful would want such a thing." He explained as she blinked in confusion. Was he not here to kill her? Well if he could, she wouldn't know.