Ch. 93 | Triggering Shadis

================================================================================================================================================================

I wondered what I was doing in this annoying world. Apparently, the plot hadn't really kicked in -- pun wholeheartedly intended -- we were still training to choose which corp... no, the training hadn't even started. We had yet to introduce ourselves, it was the very first day. 

I got up from the ground and scratched my head, how did Eren know my name? 

Some memories flowed through my head and I sighed, this body of mine was an acquaintance, not even a friend. I looked at the containers on either side of his hips, they weren't the Omni-Directional Mobility Gear, it seemed to be made out of the same material, but one look at it and I knew the entiretyC'monits makings -- the advantages of my Reality Marble. 

'I've been near too many divine objects.'

"Cmon, you're gonna be late for the introduction," Eren took off the fake gear and walked past me, I turned around and saw a large wooden shed. Eren went inside, stayed a few seconds inside, and then came out with only his uniform, "Let's go, Armin, Mikasa." I jumped and jolted, turning around in surprise as the two walked by next to me. 

Two girls, one had black hair falling right below her nape, she wore a red scarf along with the weird military uniform. She had a serious and emotional stare. The other had blond hair reaching above her shoulders, and blue eyes. She had some masculine features but her fair skin and delicate fingertips gave her away.

"Armin, cmon! You're too slow!" I rose an eyebrow, where was Armin? I watched as Eren grabbed the girl and I deadpanned... it wasn't a girl, it was just Armin... Someone touched my shoulder and I jumped once again.

"Why so jumpy?" I heard a  mocking voice from behind me, I turned around. Spiky, gray hair shaved into an undercut style, with the shaved portion being black.

'I hate not being able to sense people,' I thought, slapping his hand away as I headed for where everyone was going. I saw a screen appear in front of me. It told me I had to find the man causing the annoying ripples in the universes. He was camping out somewhere in this world, and I didn't appreciate that.

The first thing I looked at was my stats and skills. I was surprised to see that some of my skills hadn't disappeared, things like [Nobility] and [Paragon] were still there, and so was [Lucky Toss] which I thanked.

'Why do I still have [Godly-Cooking]?' I questioned amused. 

We were forced to stand in lines facing the back of the training camp, I was right next to Annie, who looked like she was bored. I looked around, I recognized some faces, others I had to think a bit about. My memory was failing me when that had never happened before, it was annoying, but nothing I could fight against. 

I was standing next to Eren, he could stay still for a long time, meanwhile, my agitated ass was fidgeting in place. I'd been on the battlefield too long to just stand in one place without doing anything, I probably contracted some kind of problem because even when sitting down I would bring my leg up and down. The only situation I was able to stay still in -- apart from sleeping -- was meditation.

A bald tanned man went from row to row yelling at children. According to the system I was 12 in this world, which meant that if this was the modernd I could go to the police and report this man for headbutting a 12-year-old so hard they fell down on the ground. Keith Shadis was an old coot with a bald head, tan, and an intense almost crazed look in his eyes. He probably got hard seeing children degrading themselves because every two children he would yell and force them to insult themselves. It was the kind of thing that masochists would watch.