Ch.102 | God Damn it

================================================================================================================================================================

I went back to the world of DxD. For whatever reason, just stepping into it made my mood take a nose-dive. "Man, this fucking sucks." I opened one of the portals to my heavenly gates and peeked my head through it. There were a lot of different treasures inside. So many that I would never get the chance to use all of them.

They sat in piles, like trash, except for the few I truly cared for. Items with emotional attachment, items that I personally liked, or fragile items that could break if I was not careful.

In the unorganized mess that was the space in the gate, there were two items protected by a holy aura. I could feel them shake in the presence of the stronger demonic items in my inventory. Gram, Gáe Bolg, Gae Dearg, Gae Buidhe, and Asuramaru shook in excitement as if they were ready to plow through both items to break them apart.

Enkidu, the ever-pacifist, kept them all at bay, chaining them down, so they wouldn't break anything in their surroundings.

I found it funny that the other holy relics in my gates were also agitated. They didn't appreciate the Holy Cross and Holy Grail. Even Vasavi Shakti was reacting, and its affinity with me wasn't that high.

The reason for their hostility wasn't just the holy or demonic attributes, but rather their affinity with me. These weapons and items were soul-bound with me, or they'd been with me since early in my previous life. They must have sensed how much suffering I felt because of the church... well, at least when it came emotionally.

Back to the world of DxD, I sat down and hummed. Time was stopped while I was away. The moment my feet felt like they were touching concrete--for the first time in a while--I knew what I had to do, and I hated that I did.

"This war is going to be exhausting. The enemy is temporarily petrified... he was incredibly debuffed in our previous fight, and he can make people like Momoshiki stand a chance against me," I broke down the different things I've seen, "He allied himself with an inner hollow inside my body, and he has different Zanpakuto... This is going to be incredibly annoying to deal with."

I was definitely not powerful enough to defeat him. I could tell that no matter how much I trained and increased my stats, it would not be enough. I was dealing with someone whose skills bypassed mine with ease.

"This is someone who knows about me and my skills," I was cocky at the beginning until I fought him in the AOT world. "He talked like he knew me, and as if I was supposed to know him. That creeped me out for sure."

"Hey get off the streets!" Someone yelled. I turned around and saw a car's headlights behind me. I was sitting in the middle of the street. I got up and waved to apologize for the inconvenience before sitting on the sidewalk instead.

I could very easily go back home, but there were a lot of things to process at the same time. I looked at the Hogyoku shards in my inventory. They were worrying me more than anything else that was happening.

I was certain of two things. 1, the Hogyoku I used in my previous life was imperfect, my lack of immortality, and wish-granting was proof of that. I could only think of one reason.

"Even if I get all the shards, I can't put them back together." I realized. If I gave them to Orihime via my Rinne-Sharingan I could possibly restore it, but I didn't know the true limits of her Shun Shun Kesshun. Would it work on something several timelines away? Every fictional world I went to has a different time fluctuation and laws.

That is to say, one day here could be thousands of years there. If each shard spent a different amount of time, then Shun Shun Kesshun could potentially not work, since the range of phenomena that need to be rejected is too varied.