32

Chapter thirty-two: Safarah???

ALEEYAH.

I came into the cafe and sat down. I came a bit early so I'll think about what I'll say before Khalil gets here. I opened the menu to order some refreshers as I waited for Khalil.

"Um, excuse me may I suggest here? All the seats are full." A feminine voice said.

I looked up to see two seats so I smiled and looked at her. "Sure, have one." I said and went back to the menu.

"My name is Safarah. Nice to meet you." She said and I looked up to see her extending her right hand.

Um, we just met but okay. She's nice so I just had to be nice as well because I didn't want to seem rude.

"Aleeyah. Nice to meet you too." I replied and shook her hands.

"You may think I'm weird but I'm new here so I want to get to know new people. My husband finally let me go out today. He usually keeps me home without letting me leave the house." She said.

I know it's too much information for a stranger but I got curious too just ask. "And why is that. He must seem like a psycho. No offence." I said sipping on my juice the waitress just bought.

"I'm a bit clumsy so he thinks I'll just hurt myself if I go out." She said. "I haven't even met his parents yet or anyone in his family but he's met my entire family. Sometimes I think he's cheating or he's just ashamed. But I know my Habibi is not like that."

"Don't over think or work yourself too much, maybe he's not ready yet. You should just find a specific time to talk to him. Never think he's ashamed of you because sweetie you are so pretty that if I was your husband I'd show you off to the world." I said which earned a smile from her then I noticed a baby bump.

"You're pregnant?" I stated and she smile covering her huge tummy.

"With twins. I look fat that's why I wear big clothes." She said and I immediately looked down.

If my baby was still here, I would have a huge bump just like hers where I'll touch my stomach feeling my baby boy kicking and Khalil kissing my baby, our baby.

But if only Khalil hadn't done what he did and if his deranged brother never kidnapped me and injectioned me with an abortion pill.

Everything would be normal and I'd be okay.

"Everything okay? Did I say something wrong Aleeyah?" Safarah asked and I just smiled.

"I'm sorry I got a bit emotional." I said wiping a tear that escaped my eyes. "You know I lost my baby five months ago."

Her face softens as she put her hands in mine. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"It's fine. Congratulations with your baby twins and I'm happy for you." I said and she nodded.

"Okay with the baby talks, let me show you my wedding pictures." She said bringing out her iPhone.

As she showed me the first picture I smiled as I saw them applying henna in her hand then she scrolls to the next then my smile dropped.

"And this is my husband Ibrahim..." She started and I turned out her words as my breathing becomes heavy and I touched my heart.

Her husband?

My husband?

My Khalil? My Ibrahim?

"Infact, there he is. Habibi!" She called and I turned my head to look at the so called man who I was proud to call my own husband.