23

Chapter twenty three: His Mistake.

KHALIL.

I came back home late because of the amount of work I had and my back hurt. The door opened revealing Aleeyah.

"Khalil for goodness sake its 11:00pm and I was worried sick about you." She said and hugged me.

I closed the door behind me, "I'm sorry Leeyah baby I came back this late I had to work extra to finish some paper work."

"Never scare me like that." She said.

"I'm sorry." I said and sat down. "Man my back hurts."

"Want a massage?" She asked.

"Just what I needed." I said and I felt her soft hands squeezing my neck.

"So how is it going in the office. I hope she hasn't tried anything stupid?" She asked.

"Nothing so far and I'm shocked. Its been six months already and she hasn't made a move."

"She better not or else."

"Or else what?" I asked her.

"I'm gonna burst her fatass!" She said.

"It'll be fun to watch that because she deserves it."

***
ALEEYAH.

It was around 3:00am and I couldn't sleep because of the noise Khalil's phone kept making. I yawned and reached my hand for his phone.

I thought it was an alarm but instead it was a text, I opened his phone since it doesn't have a pass code.

I looked through the text and what I saw my jaw dropped.

'I feel empty without you here babe. Can you leave again tonight and come back.'

When I read this I felt a piece of my heart break into pieces. No wonder he came back home late again.

What if he was- let me not go there.

I just dropped back the phone and went back to sleep.

***
"Aleeyah are you mad at me?" Khalil asked.

"No I'm not." I lied.

"Yes you are. You didn't even speak to me or even spare me a glance this morning and I can't leave for work with you being mad at me." He said.

I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a kiss on the lips. "Are you happy now?" I said and kept on with my work.

He just sighed and left the house.

***
KHALIL.

I and Fateema settled in my office discussing more of the project. "We need the red coloured files to complete the plan of the left." She said.

"I'll get it." I said and went towards my shelf and looked through the files when I felt a hand on my waist.

"I miss you babe. Why did you leave me." She said.

"What? Fateema what are you doing?" I said and pushed her away.

"Why are you pushing me away Khalil. I know you love me."

"I don't Fateema. I don't love you anymo-" Before I could finish she brought down my lips to hers.

Suddenly we heard the door bang and we quickly separated. "What was that?" Fateema asked.

I walked out of the office and saw nobody. I thought maybe it was just the wind but we mver left the door open.

I went toward my PA and asked. "Jamal did you see anyone walk into my office?"

"Yes sir a lady walked in but she left immediately."

***
ALEEYAH.

I decided to surprise Khalil with lunch later because I felt really bad for ignoring him this morning. I realised that maybe he didn't see the text.

I know Fateema is out to get me so I'd confront him after lunch. I collected my order from dominos pizza and entered my car.

I drove all the way to the company, I went up the elevator not without his employees greeting me.

I met his PA Jamal on the way. "Good morning ma'am." He said.

"Morning Jamal. Is Khalil around?" I asked.

"Yes." He said and I left not forgetting to say thank you. I stopped at his door and when I opened it what I saw made me choke on my spit.

I shut the door with a loud bang and left. I met Jamal on the way. "Ma'am anything wrong?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine." I said. "Here have some pizza."

"Thank ma'am but are you sure..."

"Yes Jamal. If Khalil asks who left don't let him know that you saw me. Got it?" I said and he nodded before I left.

***
Hope you love it.💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

Well I'm giving you longer chapters if you:
Vote,
Comment,
Follow and
Share!!!