12

Chapter twelve: The Honeymoon.

ALEEYAH

I was watching some TV in my bedroom when I heard the doorbell ring from downstairs. I wanted to go but then I remember Fateema was downstairs so she could open it.

I sat back down and continued watching 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' when the doorbell rang again.

I hissed and stood up to go check whomever it was. I reach downstairs and the devil herself was sitting on the couch.

"You were sitting here all the time and you didn't bother to get the door?" I said and crossed my arms.

"We've got you here to do that so why would I do it?" Fateema said and stood up and went upstairs.

I just rolled my eyes and opened the door to see Aunt Inbihaj standing at the doorstep.

I bent down to greet her immediately, "Aunty Inbihaj Asalamu'alaikum." I said and opened the door wider for her to get in.

"Wa'alaikumusalam dear how are you doing?" She asked as she sat down on the chair.

"Fine aunt, should I get you something to drink?"

"No dear, I actually came to give you a surprise. By the way where is Khalil? Go get him for me." She said and I quickly went upstairs.

I stopped at Khalil's door and opened it but it looked like I was interrupting something when I saw his hands around her waist.

"Um...sorry for interrupting but your mom is downstairs Khalil." I said and immediately shut the door.

I tried to clean the image from my mind and forced a smile as I went downstairs. Soon after Khalil was coming down with Fateema behind him.

They exchanged pleasantries but when Aunt Inbihaj looked at Fateema her face changed.

Now I know I'm not the only one who hates her though.

"So mum what's brings you he-"

"Uh, mum let me get you a drink." Fateema said and stood up.

"Who asked you?" I said in my head so no one else heard it but me.

"I actually came here to give you two tickets to a honeymoon in Paris." She said and my mind froze for a second.

"But what about Fateema?" Khalil said which made a piece of my heart fall into my stomach.

"Well I didn't know she was back and I specifically bought the ticket for Aleeyah."

"Well then, I can't just leave my wife here." He said.

"Well you have no choice." Aunt Inbihaj said. I didn't feel comfortable hearing this anymore so I excused myself and left for my room.

As I entered I slammed the door and sat on the floor and quickly burst into tears. "If he didn't love me he shouldn't have married me then." I said to myself and cried harder.

"Oh darling you look so pathetic crying like that." I heard a voice and looked up to see the devil standing there.

How long have she been standing there?

She walked in and closed the door. "He's shown you that he doesn't love you anymore but only me so just let us be. He's only happy with me and is willingly going to take me to Paris."

"I don't want him anymore so you can have him." I said.

"I don't need to have him, I already have him." She said and walks out.

***

Hope you vote and comment. Thanks for 733 readers.

I need your comments to keep motivating me to update.

Happy Ramadan.