xxxv. unpathed waters, undreamed shores

Começar do início

"Who, me?" He joked. Rory rolled her eyes and kissed him. There were still a few people lingering in the common room, George had gone to bed already as it appeared so did Lee. Those left in the room were a few younger students Rory recognized slightly from surveying the grounds as Head Girl.

"Can you read to me?" Fred asked suddenly, "That muggle book? I see you smile when you read it and I want to hear what's making you so happy."

Rory cracked a smile and ran a hand through Fred's soft hair. His brown eyes seemed so genuine Rory couldn't help but blush. She got her book off the end table where she left it and opened to where she left off. She flipped to where her book mark lay and smiled, "I'm on act five scene two, so try and keep up."

He shrugged and laid down on the couch, his head in her lap. He looked up at her and smiled, "I don't mind, love."

Rory cleared her throat and started reading, "'Thou hast frighted the word out of his right sense, so forcible is thy wit. But I must tell thee plainly, Claudio undergoes my challenge, and either I must shortly hear from him, or I will subscribe him a coward. And I pray thee now tell me, for which of my bad parts didst thou first fall in love with me?' That was Benedick, then Beatrice says, 'For them all together, which maintained so politic a state of evil that they will not admit any good part to intermingle with them. But for which of my good parts did you first suffer love for me?'"

She looked down at the boy, who was smiling, and continued, "Benedick responds, 'Suffer love! A good epithet! I do suffer love indeed, for I love thee against my will.'"

"Romantic," he mumbled, "Can I ask you Rory, which of my bad parts made you fall in love with me?"

"You have no bad parts, Freddie." She answered, placing a hand on his face and rubbing her thumb softly over his cheek.

"Sure I do," he shrugged.

"Do I?" She asked.

He sighed, "Of course not."

Rory scoffed, "You're lying!" She could just tell, he was a horrible liar and she could see it in his eyes.

He sat up and ran his palms down his thighs. Without saying anything, he opened his arms and indicated for Rory to get on his lap. The girl gave in and took her favorite position on top of the boy.

"All your qualities are good, to me. I know it's the same for you. I've got tons of bad traits but you love me despite them. Like, I love that you're independent and a bit snippy and you sing to yourself... all the time."

Rory smiled and kissed him softly, "Just how I love how impulsive, childish, and intimidating you are."

"I'm intimidating?" He said with a smirk, "And you like it?" She nodded and he looked ahead, running his tongue over his teeth. She could tell she accidentally boosted his ego or somehow... turned him on.

However, there were still some poor unsuspecting first years in the common room and therefore nothing could proceed. The girl decided to grab her book and continue as they waited to be alone.

"'In spite of your heart, I think. Alas, poor heart, if you spite it for my sake, I will spite it for yours, for I will never love that which my friend hates.' Beatrice says, then Benedick responds, 'Thou and I are too wise to woo peaceably.'"

"I don't know why," he interrupted, "But you reading... I just really... I like it."

Rory smirked and turned her head to face the stragglers still in the room, "Hey! It's past your bedtime. Get off to bed. Head Girl's orders." The kids scurried off to their dormitories and Fred grinned at his girlfriend.