The Nightmare

Scott's POV

 I woke up abruptly to a scream. A blood curdling scream that would make anyone cringe at the sound. I turned on the lamp beside my bed so I could see better. The screaming came from behind me. I turned quickly to see my boyfriend curled into a ball, screaming at the top of his lungs.

"NO! STOP, PLEASE!!" He screamed. He was sweating bullets, and his hair was wet and pressed against his forehead. I propped my body up with one arm while I shook him with the other. I had to yell over his screamimg.

"Mitch?? Mitch, wake up!! It's ok, it's ok!" I yelled. Mitch sat up quickly, breathing heavily and slapped my arm away.

"NOO!" He looked around the room, realizing where he was, his breathing not slowing down at all. He looked at me, a terrified look on his face. "Scott?" He said weakly.

"Yes, its me, Scott." I said soothingly. He instantly buried his head into my chest and started crying uncontrollably. His body was shaking furiously against mine. What kind of nightmare could Mitch have had to make him act like this? 

I wrapped my arms around him and brushed his hair out of his face, quietly saying soothing things into his ear, like "It's ok", "It's over now", and "I'm here", until he started to clam down.

"Mitch... What happened?" I asked cautiously. I didn't want him to break down again.

"I....I can't..." Mitch stuttered, his breathing still hardly slowing down.

"Mitchie, it's ok, I'm here, and I will protect you. Please calm down and tell me what happened?" Mitch held me close as if I would disappear if he let go even slightly. I had one arm propping up my head while I layed on my side, and Mitch was curled in a ball against my chest. I played with his hair and rubbed circles on his soaked forehead, attempting to calm him down. He was still shaking, but not as bad as before.

"It's.... it's too..... too terrible...." Another tear rolled down his face as he thought of this horrible nightmare, trying to choke back sobs, but failing. He was still hypervetalating.

"Mitchie..." I kissed him on the forehead, tasting the salty sweat that had gathered on it. "Do you need me to go get you water?" I shifted to get up, but Mitch held me down.

"No... don't.... don't leave me alone." he said, his voice shaking and ragged. I held him close to my chest.

"Can you tell me what happened, Mitch? It might make you feel better if you talk about it. I'm here and I will help you. I won't let anything hurt you, Mitchie. You're ok." I said soothingly into his ear. He hesitated, then nodded slowly, sitting up. I sat up with him, waiting paitiently for a response from him. He took a few deep breaths, and spoke, slowly and his high pitched voice still ragged and shaking.

"Well, it started out here, at home.. We were sitting on the couch, watching a movie. You said we should go shopping because you needed some new clothes. We went to the mall, and when we got there, there was no one. We were alone, and it was dark. We tried to leave but the doors locked behind us, so we were trapped. We explored the building together, trying to find any sign that some one was there to unlock the doors. We walked past one really big store and we heard a noise. A noise that sounded like a faint whisper. You told me to stay put there while you went in and looked, and I agreed. Then you walked into the store and I sat against the wall, waiting. I waited and waited, but you never showed up.

"I heard more noises and I decided to go in myself. It was dark, and I could hardly see. I heard more noises, and the further into the giant store I got, the louder they were, and they sounded like whispers. I could barely hear what they said, and they were starting to drive me insane. They said 'come here. come here. we're waiting.' I turned and tried to run out of the store, but I was lost. The voices then said 'come closer' and I had no idea what to do, I just walked into random darkness. I heard you scream, and I ran closer to the sound of your voice. I called out to you, but you didn't answer, you just kept screaming. I ran and ran, trying to find you, and I got to the back of the store. And when I got there...." 

Mitch stopped and covered his hand with his mouth, sobbing. I scooted closer to him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder, and he layed his head in the crook of my neck. "Mitchie.... it's ok. Take your time. What happened?" I asked quietly. He sobbed into my neck for about 5 minutes before he continued.

"When I got there, I saw you.... On the ground... dead... Your head was ripped off, and there was body parts everywhere. There was so much blood. You were scattered all over the place... and there was a woman, and old woman, with long black and white teased hair and her eyes were red and black where the white should be. Her skin was white and her body was disoriented in some weird way and she was covered in maggots. She was crouched over your body, and she was holding parts of you in her hand and eating you! She was eating you Scott! And she looked up at me, with blood all over her hands and face, and said 'desserts here!' and she stood up and ran after me. You were dead and I was next! Scott I was so afraid. I thought I lost you! The image of your bloody, scattered body is plastered in my head and I see it every time I close my eyes! It was awful! Scott.. Scott it was horrible!" He said as he cried uncontrollably into my shoulder, holding me tighter than ever before.

"Mitch..." I said, holding him as he cried. "I'm so sorry. I'm here, Mitchell, I'm here. I will never leave you... Ever... I will always be here. Look at me." I lifted Mitch's chin so his head was level to mine and wiped the tears away that soaked his face. "It was just a nightmare. I'm right here, and I will always protect you. I will never let that nightmare haunt you again." I kissed him softly, and he relaxed a little. He seperated and pulled me into a hug. "I love you, Scottie..... so much..." 

I kissed his neck and hugged him tighter. "I love you too, Mitchie. Thank you for telling me." He pulled away and put his forehead on mine. 

"Thank you for listening." He said as he wrapped one hand around the back of my nack and pulled me in for a kiss. After a while, we layed back down, I turned off the light and we went back to bed. He finally drifted off to sleep, breathing slowly and steadily for the first time since he woke up, and I held him very close the enitre night, never wanting to let him go.