Goodbye

It's almost my turn, and I'm shaking. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shaking because I'm nervous. I'm shaking from crying so hard. I still have tears rolling down my cheeks. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and turned to see an also teary eyed Kirstie, seeing that I was about to break and trying to give me comfort through her own sadness. I just wanted to pull her into a hug and cry myself dry, but it was almost my turn, and I had to keep myself together for the time being.

I just miss him so much. I wish we had never gone out that night. I wish we had stayed home and watched a movie or something instead of going out. We wouldn't have been hit by that drunk driver... We wouldn't have gotten into that accident.. He would probably still be here... Another tear rolled down my face at the thought of him still being by my side. The bandaged cut of my arm didn't hurt as much as my heart did. I feel broken. I should be the one in that casket...

"And now, a few words from his fiencè, Mitch Grassi."

I stood up and made my way to the front of the room. I stood there for a few minutes, looking at the pictures of my wonderful fiencè, Scott. I teared up when I looked at the picture of me and him, sharing a kiss under the sunset. Turned away from it and looked at the casket where Scott layed. Thank God the casket is closed, I couldn't bear to see Scott's pale, cold. lifeless face. I would be even more of a mess. I tried not to picture it as I walked up to the casket and kissed it. A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it off quickly. I made my way to the microphone and took a deep breath.

"Hey everyone. This is really hard for all of us, so I'm gonna try to make this quick." I looked over at the casket, and supressed a sob. "Scott," it hurt to say his name, it made me want to break down.

"Scott was the best fience, and best friend anyone could ever have. He was outgoing, funny but knew when to be serious. He cared so much for everyone, even if he didn't know them that well. We all had so many good times with Scott. My favorite proabably being the Grammy's. He felt so at home there, and its the happiest, nervous, and most excited I had ever seen him at the same time. He was very talented, and Pentatonix would've never been where it is today if it weren't for him. Hell, PTX probably wouldn't even exsist. He was so special, and I, along with the rest of us, feel so fortunate to have had him as a part of our lives. Altough we all grieve, we should be happy that he is in a better place now, away from all of the bad things in this world. I miss him so much..."

I couldn't go on. I just stood there, my elbows propped on the podium, my face in my hands, and cried. I tried to stop, but the more I tried, the more tears came out. I missed my Scottie. I want him here, alive and happy again! Something inside me found the courage for me to stand up striaght again, and finish my eulogy.

"He... He brought so much joy in the world, and put so many smiles on so many faces everyday. I couldn't have ever thought of a better person to have as my fiencè than him. Today, we wouldv'e ended up in this church anyway, not for a funeral, but for a wedding. Me and Scott were supposed to get married today, but that didn't work out as planned..." 

I sobbed again, wishing he was standing across from me, waiting for a kiss that would seel the deal. I turned to the casket, and I tried to continue, even through my sobs, forgetting about the people watching and directed my message directly to Scott, hoping he was listening from somewhere.

"Scott, I love you so much, and I wish you were here with me now. You have no idea how much my heart is hurting, You mean everything to me, and now that everything has been stripped away. I don't know how I'm gonna live without you Scott. If I could do this over, I wouldv'e told you how much I loved you more than I already did, and I wouldv'e insisted that we stayed home that night. I wish we stayed home Scott. You would still be here and we could have our wedding the way we planned. I love you so much Scott. I miss you!" I leaned down to the casket and kissed it again and again, hoping each and every one of those kisses reached him. I felt a hand on my back, and I looked up to find the priest looking at me with comforting eyes. I sniffled and walked up to the podium and said "Thank you". I walked to my seat and sat down, no longer caring to keep in the tears. I just sat there and cried until the funeral was over.

************************

I stood there, looking at his newly finished grave.

Scott Richard Hoying

September 17th, 1991- February 12, 2015

Caring friend, passionate singer, and loving fiencè

Everyone else had left already. It was just me, alone, in front of Scott's grave. I kneeled down in front of it and cried. I don't know what else to do right now besides cry. This is the worst day of my life. I lost the one person I love the most. I lost everything worth living for. I lost Scott. There's nothing to do but stay here and cry. I have no desire to go anywhere. The only place I have to go is to our house, that would just be empty when I got there. How am I gonna live without this beautiful man in my life? How will people expect me to move on? I stood up and looked up at the sky, hoping Scott would hear my next words.

"Goodbye, Scott. I love you."