Chapter 102: Wishes

Start from the beginning

There lay Yuka, the girl that she deemed her best friend and turned her back on. The woman whom Luma showed no mercy towards and yet the woman spoke to her in kindness until her end.

The memories plagued Luna's mind like annoying flies that wouldn't leave her alone. Except Luna couldn't seat these bugs away, they were trapped inside her head along with Luna- buzzing around and bouncing off the sides of her mind. They were there to torment her until her days ended, always reminding her of the kindness that Yuka showed her even though she was so awful to Yuka and made her life a sort of hell.

No longer did Luna seek to blindly agree and follow with what the Elementary school principal was saying. Deep down, doubt clawed at her chest, urging the woman to speak up and question him but fear shoved it down into a dark abyss. She didn't want to lose that light that she had. The small light that made her feel special but it seemed different now. It was poisonous. It was poisonous and yet Luna still yearned for any type of light to call her own seeing as she rarely had that growing up. Seeing Yuka again and hearing her words... seeing the actions of the elementary school principal... it planted the tiny seedling of uncertainty.

Was this man really who she thought he was? Was he in the right, especially with his actions and his course of plan?

Luna was no longer sure of anything.

///

Shiki walks into the room, smiling at the two girls who resided within. Mikan sits in a chair at the table while Akako was still in her pajamas, attempting to walk while in a handstand. Though as soon as the door opened, she lost balance, causing the girl to fall in her head with a yelp.

Akako lay appearing dead in the floor with Bear fanning her face with a piece of paper while Shiki freezes at the sight. A sigh escapes him and he walks further in.

"Shiki-San!" Mikan exclaims, appearing to not have heard her sister fall. "Wow! Uh.. why did you suddenly come?" The brunette questions, not trying to be rude but genuinely curious about the sudden visit.

"I came to check on you two." Shiki smiles back, finding it appropriate to ignore the passed out girl for now. Technically, it served her right. Akako had appeared to be getting slightly weak and had a fever the day before and was in bed rest. It appeared that she didn't understand what bedrest meant.

"It looks like you're reviewing very seriously." Shiki comments, eyeing the notebook in Mikan's hands, "I'll teach you." He offers.

"Ah! No need-!" Mikan tries to politely decline but the notebook has already been taken from her hands.

The man pauses once he reads the front of the notebook.

A journal of what Mikan wishes to happen
•Everyday study repeatedly
•One day make a wish!
•I must believe believe!

Shiki walks away, keeping the book out of Mikan's reach as she cries and continues to read inside the little journal.

After I go out, I wish to see the sea with Akako and everyone else in the class!
•I want to sit on a team together with Ruka when we go out on dates...
•I want to see grandpa!
•Go shopping with Hotaru

Slight disappointment fills Shiki as he thought that the girl was studying. But at the bottom of the page, something catches Shiki's eye. A few more wishes appear to be scribbles at the bottom as though Mikan were trying to hide these wishes from the eyes of others... or someone.

•I want to grow up with Akako at me side
•I want Akako to live a long life with me and to be happy with Natsume!

His heart hammers for a moment before closing the journal, pretending that he didn't see her obvious secret wishes.

"Good.... seems that both of you are energetic." He allows the notebook to fall into the table with a splat. "One of you more energetic than you're supposed to be." He makes a salty remark, glancing at Akako who has now fallen asleep on the ground, cuddling with bear on a pillow that the stuffed animal brought down for the girl.

Shiki decides to sit down and talk with Mikan, recalling a time that both he and Yuka went to see the sea.

"At that time, Yuka, she cried when we were there." He closes his eyes as the Alice recalls this memory. "The sea... it was like an unattainable freedom, slowly unfolding itself in front of our eyes but yet we can't hope to attain it so it seems like an impossible dream. I remember it was very beautiful."

Mikan could practically envision herself and everyone from class B and even her senpais joining them. Everyone filled with laughter as they ran to the ocean, excited to see one of the grandest horizons in the world... everyone by her side.

That's the dream which Mikan wishes for the most. For everyone to stay by her side.

So I decided to post this in honor of my Bday because it makes me happy so WHY NOT?! I hope all of you have a wonderful day, week, life and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! It's kinda short but thank you so much for reading!!!

Comment and vote!

And thank you all so much for the past 2 years! The support I've gained makes me so unexplainably happy! 🤍🤍