Chapter 116: The end of an Era

Mikan's vision clears up from the teleportation, immediately taking notice of the tornado surrounding her. She had been teleported there by the student who had stabbed Natsume, the boy wanting her to help since he knew they were friends. She looks to the center, seeing Natsume unconscious while Akako lays next to him on her back. Her blue eyes blink slowly, staring up at the ceiling blankly. The brunette rushes forward, falling to her knees in front of Akako, crying out her sister's name.

The blonde smiles weakly at her sister, happy to see her face. "Mikan-Nee..." she mutters as Mikan takes her hand in her own. Akako's smile falters at the cuts on Mikan's face from fighting, wishing she had any power to have casted a barrier on her sister to protect her. Mikan takes notice of her sister's pale skin and the sweat that coated her forehead. 

"Are you okay?! What's going on? Natsume... he-?" She rambles but Akako squeezes her hand tightly. "Mikan-nee. I need you to help Natsume." Akako pants, "I don't have the energy to use stealing Alice... you need to make him stop."

Mikan glances at her friend on the ground, heart stopping when she sees his back not moving up and down. 'Natsume...'

She looks around at the swirling air surrounding them, seeing flames and others beyond. "Akako, stop the air!" Mikan shouts, "Stop or else you'll get more hurt!" The girl begs her sister. Akako merely closes her eyes for a moment, "I'm fine. Just tired. This... was the only way I could protect him..."

Mikan sees tears fall from her sister's closed eyes, making her falter.

"I can't do anything more... but you can." Akako opens her eyes to stare at her big sister once more. She had faith in Mikan, for her sister always managed to find a way.

The older sister looks to her friend and quickly rushes to his side. Mikan looks down at Natsume's body before glancing back up at Akako who watches her from the floor. Mikan places her hands on Natsume's back and closes her eyes, willing the stone to come out.

"Come on...!" She pleads to the gods, using every ounce of energy that she could muster. A bright light emits from Mikan, shining bright in Akako's eyes. The blonde watches her sister with a smile, almost believing that she was witnessing an angel save her love. The blinding light from Mikan grows brighter and brighter, the energy causing her hair to float up into the air as a warmth spreads throughout her chest.

'I have to save Natsume.... I'll do whatever it takes because he's my friend and.... And it's Akako's wish!" Mikan focuses as hard as she can, 'After everything we've been through... I don't want Natsume to leave like this! Please God, don't take him!'

Suddenly, all the light disappears and Mikan collapses on to Natsume. Akako panics when she sees Mikan's eyes closed, the girl unconscious. "Nee-chan?" Akako rolls on to her side, reaching towards her sister despite the protest of her body, "Mikan-nee?" Her voice cracks this time.

"Wake up." Akako grabs Mikan's arm. While the girl is distracted, her wind stops, revealing the trio to everyone in the room. Tsubasa immediately dashes to the children, sliding on his knees as he reaches them.

"Akako? Are you okay? How is everyone?" The shadow user grabs hold of Natsume as well as Mikan, bringing the two into his lap.

"Mikan." Akako stares up at her Senpai with a terrified expression, "Is Mikan okay?"

Tsubasa nods at her question, hearing the older girl breathing just fine. At his words, Akako sighs in relief though it doesn't last long as she remembers Natsume's critical condition. "Tsubasa-Senpai! Natsume- he needs to go to the hospital!" Akako yells, "He's not breathing!"

Tsubasa's eyes widen and he leans down to listen to Natsume's mouth. When he realizes that the blonde is right, he hands the boy off to the student that teleported Mikan to the room. "Take him immediately! He needs treatment as soon as possible!"