Chapter 119: Until the Last Second

"Today... I want to tell everyone something regarding your classmate Sakura Mikan." Narumi stares down to the ground, unable to meet the eyes of his beloved students. All of them sit in their seats, wondering what was going on.

A tense silence fills the air as everyone awaits what Narumi was mentally preparing himself to say.

"Sakura... is going to be leaving the academy."

Gasps of horror fill the room as the information settles into their young minds. Tears fill eyes and despair clings to their hearts.

"There is something far more scarier than that." Narumi swallows the lump in his throat. "The memories she has of this academy... including the memories of her friends here will be wiped from her mind... all will be deleted and erased."

That's when all hell broke loose. Sobs fill the room as the students realize that they were losing yet another person they hold dear to their heart. The sound of their cries broke Narumi's heart but he could do nothing more for the children. The man wanted to keep trying to find different ways but it was hard when he as restricted and nothing was working.

That was a few days before Mikan's return. Nobody could accept what was to come yet they had no choice. After all, they were merely children- students that had no authority.

Obviously the question arose to Narumi and other higher-ups: What will happen to Akako in Mikan's memories?

As far as everyone knew, Akako wasn't going to return with Hotaru and the others. And even if she did, they wouldn't know when that time would be. This has been a great debate for a while, many people trying to figure out what exactly they could do should Akako never return. They couldn't leave Mikan believing that her sister was at a boarding school, living her life when she wasn't. That would be too cruel.

While teachers contemplate in the room, a timid knock resounds against the wooden door. They all stop and a sigh can be heard from inside of the room.

"Enter, Benjiro-kun." Shiki announces, realizing that the boy was listening from outside of the door the whole time.

The handle turns and the white haired boy peeks inside, slowly walking in. He closes the door behind him and stands in the middle of the room, looking around at all of the teachers staring at him.

"What are you doing here? You know this is a private meeting." Shiki scolds. The boy nods, knowing what he did was wrong but there was something bothering him.

"Shiki-San, what if we got that man?" He speaks up, peaking the interest of many of the teachers. The glance around at one another while Shiki shakes his head. "We simply cannot allow Mikan to have any recollection of the academy. Besides, not even that man could manipulate that amount of time with all of those memories."

"Shiki, what's Benjiro-Kun talking about?" Narumi's hopes start to lift a little at this mysterious person that Benjiro-kun mentioned.

Shiki frowns, not appreciating the fact that the child gave them a false idea of what could be accomplished. "There is a man who Benjiro-kun met when he was working with Reo that had the memory manipulation Alice. But he couldn't possibly be able to manipulate every single memory that Mikan has of Gakuen Alice to make it safe for her to leave with some memories. I admit, this individual is greatly gifted but it could still mess up Mikan's mind, it wouldn't be healthy for her. The most he could do is give her false memories after we wipe her mind but we couldn't possibly allow her to have memories- even fake ones- of her friends. That's still dangerous knowledge." Shiki explains to everyone.

Hearing his words, they realize that there truly is no way for Mikan to leave the academy with any recollection of them.

"So... we've made our decision?" Jinno asks the question that everyone wanted to avoid. "We tell Sakura Mikan that her sister passed away from an accident after her memories are erased."