Chapter 64: The Stealing Alice is revealed!

3rd persons POV

Akako watches as Natsume walks away, her heart warming at his words. A voice directs her eyes towards her sister who is running towards her.

When Mikan finds Akako, she feels hopeless as recalls what Iinchō has told her, saddened by his words.

:::

"It's about Natsume... there's something that I wanted to tell you!" At those words, the class representative had Mikan's full attention.

No matter how awful or mean Natsume is to Mikan, she still cares for him. They've become friends, and Mikan has suspected that one day he would be her brother in law.

"At first I thought it was because of the soul exchange. That it was because his body wasn't used to having a different soul... I though that I was so tired because of that. But then I switched to Shouda-San's body and I don't feel the pain or the feeling of being drained at all."

Mikan processes the words.

"And even before this, I knew that Hyūga-San had been in and out of the hospital for a while now... to think that Hyūga-Kun has been enduring the torture of this sickness.. and after I thought of that.... I remembered. Many have said that Akako-Chan's condition is much worse than that of Natsume-kun." Yuu frowns at this.

If he thought that Natsume felt awful, he couldn't imagine how Akako-Chan felt in her body.

"Eh?! Mikan-Chan!" The boy exclaims as Mikan runs away. The three friends watch as the brunette runs away, desperate to find Natsume or her little sister.

Akako was Mikan's little sister. For Mikan, it was tough learning that Akako was sick because of her Alices... but to learn that she's gotten worse.. Akako's condition is worse than Natsume's. Everyone has always known that. And when Mikan watched Tobita speak of the pain, he looked in pain even remembering it. The suffering that those two go through.. and yet they protect everyone around them... Mikan wanted to protect them. She wanted to keep them safe instead of the other way around!

:::

"Ah! Mikan-nee!" Akako smiles as her sister runs towards her. As soon as Mikan is close enough, she envelopes her little sister in a hug.

Warmed and worried by the sudden action, Akako returns the embrace. Mikan buries her face in her sister's shoulder as she grips her tightly, now very much worrying her sister.

"Onee-Chan.. has something happened? What's wrong?" Akako hugs her sister tighter in an attempt to comfort Mikan from the unknown issue that's bothering her.

The older girl pauses for a moment but doesn't move away. Finally, after a moment of silence, Mikan speaks.

"Ne, Akako-Chan.... I'll always be here. No matter what happens or is what to come.. I'll stay by your side."

Her words melt Akako, the younger girl looking at her sister in adoration. "Nee-Chan..."

Mikan now leans away. She grabs Akako's hands in hers and brings them close to her face, not being able to look at Akako. She speaks into her sisters hands, almost pleading and praying.

"You, you will do the same. Right? You won't leave me? We'll be together forever..?"

Akako tears up, wishing and hoping alongside her sister that they will never be separated. She smiles her biggest smile and nods with so much strength and energy. "Hai! I will be with Mikan-nee for forever!"