Chapter 120: Lesson on Memories

Narumi stands before the class in a white suit, smiling for this day. Behind him on the chalkboard is written, 'Lesson on Memories'.

"So today... Will be Sakura Mikan-Chan's last lesson with us. I am very grateful that everyone is sharing a very deep bond and friendship with her as we come here today." Narumi beams at the students that have all gathered. "Now, even though this is called a lesson, don't think of it as something formal. Let us all share with one another the days that we spent together with Mikan-Chan, and think of all the fun memories we had."

All of the students of class B are in their seats, listening to Narumi. Scattered around the room stands all the people who Mikan had touched the hearts of. The crowd ranged from Tsubasa and Tono, to Jinno and Shiki as well as other teachers. Even Sakurano and other members of the special class.

"Alright, so one by one. Let's remember the first day Mikan-Chan came to the academy!" Narumi announces, eyes glancing up to the ceiling as he recalls the day. "Let's see... that was... around the start of September, the weather was still hot... that was around the end of summer."

The ceiling suddenly opens up at the front of the room and a screen lowers from the ceiling, everyone's eyes darting to it. On it plays Narumi's first memory with Mikan when he had whipped Natsume with the Bean whip. On screen, glitter surrounds Narumi's joyous face as he elegantly sent Natsume flying through the air with a terrified Mikan in the background.

"Huh-!" Narumi tries laughing off the scene, instantly grabbing a remote and pausing it. Everyone glares at the man, especially Natsume who was the 'victim' in that scenario.

"I was about to talk about how I first met Mikan but for some reason my bean whip fighters pose got shown on tv!" He sweats nervously as Misaki-Sensei burns holes into the man's head. That was the day he chased Narumi around for breaking into his greenhouse and stealing the bean whip.

"Naru..." Misaki growls as he takes hold of his own bean whip, a murderous intent filling his eyes.

Narumi smiles and holds hands with Mikan, chuckling, "I'm sorry! I was surprised!" He apologizes as Mikan glances at the vine now wrapping around Narumi's torso.

"But you're being tied up. Are you alright?" The brunette smiles back, matching Narumi's energy. Behind the two, Koko and Kitsuneme shout at their teacher, telling him that he should step down from teaching the lesson. "Tie him up and pull him out!" Koko hollers.

Misaki reluctantly releases Narumi from his bean whips trap and instead watches how the man interacts with the small Sakura. Seeing how Narumi acted when he was Mikan... it gave Misaki a strange feeling within his chest. Narumi had a certain relationship with Mikan that helped heal his heart. Narumi's frozen heart was thawed out by his love, Yuka before being severely damaged when she left him. When Yuka left, Narumi set up a cage around himself.

The one who began revealing the beauty of the world outside of his cage, in Misaki's eyes, was Akako. Of course, Narumi didn't know that Akako was the child of Yuka and Sensei even though she was a carbon copy of Yuka with different hair and eyes. As soon as Akako had came to the school, Narumi slowly started taking notice of the light from within his cage. And that incident with Jinno when she wasn't electrocuted turned his eyes from the darkness that overwhelmed him in his confinement. No one had any idea who Akako's parents were or what her background was since she was with those Alice protectors when they first found her so Narumi never got his hopes up. Yet it was Mikan who burst through the door and happened to yank Narumi out to join everyone else. She held him by the hand and brought him out into the light and showed him how to open himself once again.

Misaki was weary of Narumi bringing Mikan to the academy because he feared that Narumi was doing it for himself, which he was. He wanted that feeling he had with Yuka and Sensei once more and having their two children brought those memories back.