Chapter 131: Home

Akako's POV

I stare up at all of the men that stand before me and my sister. 'I mean... uncle? What uncle? I know for a fact that we don't have any family that we know of...'

They call themselves our friends but how could they be when we've never seen nor met them before? My legs slightly give out and I lower myself to the sand as I try to process what they're saying. Mikan keeps ahold of my hand, holding it tightly as she stays silent as well.

We can't just blindly trust these men, that was one thing for sure. This could easily be a ploy to get us to trust them, it made sense. If some people were to come and rescue me after I was almost kidnapped, then I would be grateful and want to trust them but this could have all been a set up. What if those people that attacked us were with them and this was all an act!

'That makes sense...  how else would those guys light on fire and just pass out? This is some kind of magic trick for sure!'

"I know that this is shocking, to be suddenly told something like this. We understand that it might be hard for you to understand, Sakura-Futago, to believe us given the situation that you both have forgotten everything. But everything that we have done was to protect the both of you as well as your loved ones." The guy who made others 'pass out' says.

As he speaks, I tap my pinky finger against Mikan's hand three times, feeling as she squats down next to me, pretending as though she were trying to hold or console me. This was something we came up with together as soon as the kidnappings started happening. Jii-Chan suggested this, wanting us to both have some sort of plans to keep each other safe.

One tap: the other one comes up with an excuse to leave the situation.

Two taps: Call for someone for help, phone or by voice.

Three taps...

I turn towards Mikan, meeting her eyes for a moment as a flicker of understanding passes between the both of us. At the same exact moment, we grab a fist-full of sand and each throw it up into the air and towards their faces. All of the men raise their hands to cover their face or at least rub their eyes where sand has gotten into them. I stand and pull Mikan after me as we bolt away from them.

"We didn't even do the first two taps!" Mikan screams at me, stumbling as it was hard to run through the sand. I spin my head around to glance back at her, "Well, it doesn't look like there's a lot of people casually walking around in this area, does it?!" I huff and spin back around to try and get us to an area where people would be. "We gotta get aw- AH!"

One of the men appears in front of me, arms wrapping around me and I immediately try pushing him off, hitting him, doing anything I could to get away from him.

"Akako!" I hear Mikan yell for me.

I push against this guy's chest when his arms tighten around me. "Let go! We're going to the police! There's people around here!" I try to scare him off but freeze when he shouts.

"Never!" His voice booms, his deep voice vibrating against me as though he were trying to instill that idea into me. "I'm never letting go if you again! Don't you know how long I've been waiting for this moment?! I've been waiting for years to come for you, to get you back by my side!"

'What..? What is he saying?'

His face buries itself within the crook of my neck, "How could you go from being by my side everyday to just allowing yourself to disappear?! Not after everything we've been through together, you can't go away like that!!"

'This boy... I'm not sure I understand what he's saying but why... why does my heart tremble and ache? It's quivering as though a dam wants to break, the waves that it's blocking roar loud in my ears as it wishes to break through the stone walls.' My hands slowly reach up from his chest and come to rest at the nape of his neck. It felt... right. The whisps of hair at his neck tickle my fingers as they slowly intertwine with his hair. 'My body, it's just moving on it's own.'