Chapter 60:Harsh words

Finally!!! Chapter sixty! Such a long journey I've gone through the last year and I'm so happy that I've had my amazing readers alongside me!

3rd persons POV

"It's no use. The students are all talking and spreading rumors; they're saying that Akako used her nullification to make both her and Mikan fall. Some say that Mikan used her nullification to try and cancel out Akako's." A smiling Koko informs everyone.

Mikan and Akako are currently out of the hospital and are standing close together. Mikan is looking around at everyone, defeat filling her as she knows that she cannot do anything. Akako wouldn't even smile. She stood there, frowning and pinching Mikan's sleeve to make sure that she doesn't lose her sister. Akako currently has her hair braided into pigtails, the extra hair framing her face allowing her to hide herself more.

Meanwhile, Hotaru frowns at the mind reader who is informing everyone, "Isn't he choosing the wrong time to make a news report?"

In the background, Koko is reading the minds of others and blabbering about what he's reading.

Tono is sitting on the bleachers, sweating at her words. "Yeah, they should be investigating the mind reading antenna."

Subaru sits on the bleachers as well, his emotionless face holding a slight frown, "The number of people believing the rumors is more than expected."

The twins are well aware of the eyes that are looking at them from different directions. They were both equally crestfallen at the negative views people see them in.

"And not to mention that the cheerleading competition wasn't accounted for. Many students are upset that all of their rehearsals were for nothing because of the fall." His words reach the twins, making them feel even worse, "Taking into account that most of these students believe the rumors and aren't particularly close with the twins, there's nothing we can do besides proceed with the main sports event: The Kibasen. Frankly, the competition is going to be intense."

"Everyone..." their heads and bodies all turn when Mikan speaks. She stands there, not meeting their eyes; Akako can't even look their way. "We're so sorry..." Mikan uttered.

Akako appeared as if she were timid, not speaking. Hotaru calls to the girls, hating how they are acting. They were being so quiet, and it was not like them at all. Akako glances up to meet her best friend's but it was brief.

"It was because of us that things became this way." Mikan continues, almost tempted to cry out in frustration.

"Don't be stupid. None of this is your faults." Tsubasa shakes his head at his two favorite elementary students. He especially felt uneasy with how gloomy they seemed and missed their cheerful aura.

Hotaru changes the subject, looking towards Tono and Tsubasa before questioning if they were going to use the twins in the Kibasen. Tono informs the ravenette that they would indeed use the twins, saying how their nullification and or elemental Alice could prove to be useful in the event.

"Don't."

Her words take the older students aback for a moment. Even the twins look at her in confusion. "Hotaru?"

Although Akako doesn't want to interact with anyone, even her interest is peaked and she is peeking out from behind Mikan; her curious blue eyes peering out from under her bangs.

"I have a bad feeling." Hotaru explains her reasoning, slowly but surely making her way towards the twins, "I fear that if Mikan and Akako-Chan participate, something bad will happen to them."

Mikan's heart melts at the concern of her friend. Guilt begins to fill her even more for her and her sister causing worry in their friend.

"What are you saying?" Subaru worried as he looked at his younger sister.