Chapter 38: Happy New year!

Thanks so much to TheWateringhole for drawing this amazing picture of our Little Akako! I went ahead and colored it just so that she could have a little more character

Thanks so much to TheWateringhole for drawing this amazing picture of our Little Akako! I went ahead and colored it just so that she could have a little more character. It looks crazy good and I'm sorry that I'm freaking out so much, it's just that I've never had anyone try to recreate my character and I'm so fiddlesticking happy!!!!! Okay, now that that's out of the way, I bring you the next chapter of MLT!!!!

Akako's POV

"It's New Year's Day!!" Me and Mikan smile as we look down at our Kimonos.

I start to eat, happy that we're all having fun and spending this meal together. I smile when Mikan says how grateful she is to have the same amount of food as everyone else. "If I were in charge, I would let you starve until you paid off your debt." Hotaru calmly says and puts a spoonful of food in her mouth.

Mikan-nee sulks and drapes around Hotaru, telling her that she'll eventually pay her back and to not be mad at her. I laugh at my best friend, but my smile falters when Mikan pipes up, "Hey! I wonder what today is! What could be so special about today..? Hmm, let me think.. Nope, I can't think of anything. Do  you guys have any ideas?" Mikan questions as she puts on a party hat and pretends to think.

"What are you yapping about now? Today is New Years!" Sumire scoffs at Mikan.

"Okay, I'll help you guys out! Whose birthday is today?" Mikan coaxes, but still no one pays her any attention.

"Yay! Our greeting cards are here!" Everyone shouts and runs off to gather their own things. "Oh, here's one for Mikan!" a letter is tossed towards my sister,  I scoot closer to her and hold her hand in reassurance. She opens the letter, and it's from Jii-chan. He wishes us both a happy birthday.

"Happy birthday, Mikan-nee." I smile and hug her from behind tightly.

"Akako-chan..." Mikan smiles.

"Ruka-Sama, is that your mother?!" Sumire exclaims as Ruka hides it. "Get away!"

Hotaru and Mikan are instantly interested in what my best friends mother looked like, so they steal the letter and stare at it. "Such.... an elegant and beautiful mom!" Mikan shouts.

Ruka continues to try and take the letter back, but they won't relent. "This is where Ruka gets his charm from!" Mikan gasps with a blush, hearing those words also make Ruka blush.

I laugh and pluck the letter from my sisters grasp, "Ne, ne, Ruka-pyon. What did your mom write?" I hand it to him, instantly wanting to see the card as well.

Ruka's eyes widen before darting away, I follow his line of sight and see Natsume staring at us with a hard look. I walk over and pull him by the wrist towards me and Ruka, "Why don't you hear as well, Natsume?" I smile.