Chapter 115: Live

A grin overtakes Mikan's face as she watches the students blink away the fog that clouded their minds. Her chest filling with a gratefulness for Reo's words.

Mumbled nothings escape the students lips as they try gathering their bearings. Outside of the herd, a woman with strawberry blonde hair is frozen. She watches as the students speak to one another, trying to figure out what was going on as well as why they were injured.

'Luna..... Luna...' her late friend's voice seems to whisper in her mind. Almost as though she were trying to coax the woman from her evil doing ways. Her heart rate picks up but a loud and sharp voice rips through the connection she felt with her dear friend.

'Luna. Only you... won't betray me, right?' His voice asks.

A fire burns within her heart, not wanting to disappoint him. She quickly reactivates her Alice, the students being brought under her control once again in a split second. They're heads snap towards Mikan and Persona, all running towards the girl as they ready to capture her. A hand reaches out and in that moment, Mikan heard a voice in her head.

'Mikan, don't give up, trust in yourself.'

A light emits from her body, quickly enveloping the students that were all attacking her. Persona and Luna watch in shock, 'is that... nullification?!'

As soon as the light touches the students, rocks begin falling to the floor. The Fuukitai watches in panic as the students blink and look around. The question how they got their injuries, looking around as they try to comprehend how they ended up in that hallway.

"What kind of stone is this?"
"The light we just saw..."

"The soul sucking stones that Luna-Sama put into the students were... all pulled out?!"

Mikan pants, feeling something shift inside of her. It felt as though something inside of her was slowly disappearing- fading away into nothingness. What remained within her felt small, like little grains of salt scattered throughout her being. Feeling this, she recalls the conversation she had with Nodacchi, knowing that this is what they were talking about.

"Sakura-San, listen here. There's four kinds of Alice capabilities. The first type, only exists when you're a child. The second one has less power but a longer life span. The third type is rarely seen: there are no limitations to the usage but the users life decreases with every use. Last and fourthly, the Alice can produce a huge amount of power when used but the Alice life span will also end permanently."

Mikan stares down at her hands, the shake not from exhaustion but rather a fear. If Mikan is losing her Alice.... She wouldn't be able to take the Alice stone out of Akako's body. She wouldn't be able to save Akako...

Others slowly become aware of Mikan's condition, watching from time space. Hotaru's chest aches for Mikan, watching the realization on her best friends face.

A phone line is connected between the two principals offices, Shiki staring down at his desk as he speaks to the high school principal. "High school principal... you said just now that you detected a mysterious change in Mikan. She released an abnormal amount of Alice..." the principal's blue eyes widen when he reaches the same conclusion that Shiki had come to.

"I believe... that Mikan's Alice lifespan has probably reached it's end." Shiki closes his eyes.

The principal casts his gaze down to the ground. Mikan's Alice was a part of her that helped tie her to her parents, giving her a feeling of connection with them. Same for Akako. Speaking of his look-a-like niece, a rush of panic surges through his veins. "Shiki!" He calls out to the phone, feeling a terrible and foreboding snake creep up his spine.