Chapter 57: The borrowing race

3rd Persons POV

"Now, Akako. You know better than to cause disturbances." Akako winces from behind her mask as he grabs her by her chin; looking at her hidden face in an attempt to see any sort of weakness.

She begins panting, trying her best to ignore the bruises that are forming on her legs. He stares at her limp figure for a moment longer before releasing her chin, allowing her to fall to the floor.

He doesn't pay attention to her pain, but rather turns as he begins to walk away. "Return to the festival. Remember, if you cause more disturbances, that just sends you right back here." He informs her.

///

"Akako! Where were you? You missed out on lunch!" Mikan pouts as she recalls the events of her lunch.

:::

The food that was prepared by the school, was coordinated with the students star rank; not surprising to the sighing Mikan. The said girl has suggested to all of her friends that they eat with one another, and perked up when Ruka came near.

"Ah! Ruka-pyon!" Mikan smiles at the blonde boy. He stops in his tracks and looks at her in surprise, "Come and eat with us! It'll be fun if we all eat together!" Mikan motions him over.

The boy, of course, gladly walks towards the brunette as she smiles. Although, she looks at everyone else in confusion as they walk -almost run- away.

"Hey! Where are you all going?" She frowns with waterfall tears and begs them to eat with her and Ruka.

Unbeknownst to her, Kitsuneme and Koko are whispering to each other, "Ruka's first steps in to adulthood." They wipe fake tears.

Koko then turns to the older Sakura and waves at her, "We're gonna go eat over here! We'll leave you two alone." He smiles, Kitsuneme finishing his sentence, "We don't want to interrupt you two."

Ignoring the weird interaction, Mikan and Ruka sit with one another and eat their lunch. As they eat, they chat with each other about nothings and laugh.

From far away, Natsume glances all around the students, wondering where Akako had run off to. He watches as all of their friends laugh, but soon they all begin to wonder where they young girl had gone.

Natsume frowned at the fact that Akako wasn't smiling with her friends and reached over to grab a mask that was laying around, placing it on his face. He begins to walk around in hopes of finding the blue eyed girl, and using the mask to hide his identity from Luna who may be around somewhere.

As he's searching, he's suddenly grabbed by the shoulder. He turns around to see an older boy from the white team looking at him, impatience painted on his face.

"Come on, Kusami-kun!" He tries to pull Natsume, but the boy doesn't budge. Natsume doesn't want to blow his cover, and also wants to refuse doing yet another event. He instead stays silent, causing the boy to frown, "That mask. It is you, right Kusami-kun? Hurry up! The borrowing race is about to start!"

:::

"Gomene, Onee-Chan!" Akako sweats and scratches her cheek. "I went to go get my food, but ended up eating alone. I just wanted time to think." Akako smiles at her older sister.

Mikan looks at her twin's face, instantly knowing that Akako wasn't well. Using her twin-epathy, Mikan senses that her sister was still upset. Mikan stays quiet instead of questioning Akako, not wanting the girl to frown and feel as though she was being a party pooper. Mikan let her fake her happiness, not wanting Akako to be sad at the moment.