Chapter 6: injured

Ruka's POV

"Akako?! Wake up!" I shake her but her eyes don't open.

"Damnit." I look up to see Natsume holding her hand which is covered in blood.

"Is... is that.. Akako's blood?" My eyes widen in horror. 'Who would do this to Akako?'

I help Natsume get Akako onto his back before we start walking as fast as he can, "Natsume, what do you think happened to her?" I give him a worried look as we rush to the infirmary.

"I don't know, but whoever it was did it for a reason. And she didn't want to tell us." He stares straight ahead with a deadly look.

"Why wouldn't she tell us?" I ask but he doesn't answer me.

We get to the hospital and they take Akako in and treat her wound. "This is a fairly new wound, it appears. I don't think she's in any danger, her body just went into shock after dealing with this wound for a while." A nurse says while coming up to us.

I sigh and Natsume doesn't respond.

They allow us in after they've healed her and we stay there for a while. We stayed by her side the whole time, we didn't need to go to class. And we eventually drifted off to sleep.

Akako's POV

My eyes open and I see Natsume laying his head down on the bed side as well as Ruka.

I sigh and stare at the ceiling. "How long have I been asleep?" I ask when I feel Natsume looking at me.

"You've been resting for a day." He gets up and glares at me, "How can you not tell us this?" He whispers, not wanting to wake up Ruka.

"It was a freak accident. I was helping in the kitchen and walked into a knife that wasn't in a drawer correctly." I lie.

He doesn't say anything but just looks away and doesn't answer me. I sigh at his actions and Ruka wakes up.

"A-Akako!" He exclaims and jumps up, "Are you feeling any better?" He gives me a worried look.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me, Ruka-pyon. I'll get better soon." I smile at him. "Well, I should be healed, right?" I asked and lifted up my shirt slightly to check the mi side. I see that there's no wound but I'm still a little sore.

I smile and look up to see Ruka and Natsume shielding their faces with their hair.

"Eh? What's wrong guys?" I look at them oddly.

"You really should learn the rules of being a girl." Natsume mutters.

"What do you mean? I know how to be a girl!" I glare.

"Sure." He says and gets up. "I'm going to get some food." He walks towards the door.

"Wait! I want some!" I call out and he turns back, "I'm not your butler." He glares. I glare back and turn to Ruka, "Ruka-pyon? Can you get me some since that jerk won't?" I point at Natsume when I say jerk.

"Sure." Ruka nods and they walk out of the room.

I wait there for a while and have conversations with myself in my head when the door opens. "Food!!" I smile and see Ruka laugh.

He brings me the tray of food when I look around, "Huh? Where's Natsume?"

"Oh, he said that there was something that he needed to do." Ruka responds and I shrug. Oh well.

Me and Ruka talk and he tells me about all the good times they had after I left. I'm happy that they still had fun when I left, I never want them to stop smiling.