Chapter 16: Now I'm a Prince

Sorry I'm a little late, but here's the next chapter!! Also go check out my new fanfic, you'll like it if you love the anime Diabolik Lovers.

Akako's POV

I feel tears stream down my face, but soon hear a voice that can comfort me. "Akako?" I look up and listen to make sure that I heard correctly.

"Ruka-pyon?" I whisper, not wanting unwanted people coming near me. "Akako, are you in there?" I hear a muffled knock and I take the barrier down.

"Ruka!" I cry in relief as I jump on him. I hold onto him tightly, not wanting to be left alone. "Ne, Akako? Are you alright?" He pats my back and I take a step away.

"Hai." I smile at him, he smiles back and starts to turn away. I panic slightly and grip onto his arm, "D-don't leave me alone." I stutter, and don't let his arm go.

"I'm here, Akako-chan." He pats my arm and we walk while I cling to his arm.

"We have to find Natsume and Mikan-chan." He says and I look at him in shock, "They aren't with you?"

"No. We all got separated." He says and we walk down another corridor as others see us. "Akako-chan!!" Class rep comes up to me, "Eh? What's wrong?" He looks worriedly at me.

"Nothing..." I trail off, my eyes must be slightly red and puffy.

"Hey, I think they're over here!" Hotaru calls out. Me and Ruka fast walk over there, but I still haven't let go of his arm.

I don't want to be left alone in here. We come to a wall where we hear noise coming from behind. Me and Ruka push the wall and it falls, a gust of dirt flows up from the ground and I leach myself onto Ruka. As soon as the air is cleared we look and see something very disturbing. Mikan is on top of Natsume on the ground in a very inappropriate position. We all freeze and stare in shock.

"What... are you guys doing?!" Ruka asks. Mikan looks confused and then looks down at Natsume, "Eeeeh? No!" She says and gets off of him.

"Geez polka-dots, stop trying to seduce me when no one is around." Natsume says and sits up.

Mikan's face goes red and she screams at him. I ignore the noise and look at the ground.

"Ruka-pyon.... can we leave now?" I look up at him, he looks down in shock and remembers how I don't want to be in here. He nods and I keep leeched onto his side, as we exit the haunted house. As we walk away, I can feel eyes on my back.

I don't let go and I don't want to. I know I keep repeating this, but I can't stand to be alone, and right now Ruka is the closest life source that I can cling to.

We walk into the forest and we sit down. "Akako... what happened?" He asks. It takes me a while, but I finally answer him.

"Someone locked me in a small dark closet... there was no light. I fainted from hyperventilation." I say as tears well up in my eyes.

My heart rate increases and he hands me his bunny friend. It hops onto my lap and I lean onto Ruka and start crying. He side hugs me and we stay like that.

Eventually my eyes dry out and my head hurts from all of the crying. "Akako." Ruka grabs my attention, but he's not looking at me, he's looking at the ground. "How long ago was this?"

"A long time... I was seven." I try my best to push those memories to the back of my head. I see a tear fall from his face, "Ruka-pyon?" I look at him in worry.

"I'm sorry, Akako-chan. You suffered this and I wasn't able to help or protect you at the time." He says as his face twists into one of anger and sorrow.