Chapter 23: Bye-bye, Reo

Akako's POV

I keep holding onto Ruka when Piyo gets up and runs away.

"Eh? What's happening?" I stare as the giant chick runs away, but I soon look away once I hear a roar.

"They're... the circus animals?" Mikan stares in shock. "What are they doing here?"

"You're... I see. You came to rescue me, huh?" Ruka pets the small lion from the circus as it runs up to him and cuddles.

"C-Come to think of it, that student had the animal pheromone Alice." The girl rep hides behind Imai-San. "What? Is he planning to cause an uprising with these animals?"

"Shoo, shoo! Go away!" The girl waves at the lion that walked up to them. "Is it true you called these lions?" Imai asks as Ruka walks away with the cub.

"It's pointless talking to you guys." Ruka doesn't look back.

"R-Ruka?" I take a step forward but a lion growls at me. I take a step back and gasp, What's wrong with him?

Imai runs in front of him and stops Ruka in his path, "Wait! Where are you going!?"

"Get out of my way!" Ruka shouts in anger, causing a lion to roar.

Ruka continues on his way, "He's not acting like his usual self." Hotaru states.

I stare after him, as memories flood into my mind. All of the amazing times I've had with him.  "I think you're right. His eyes are full of rage." I stare after him, his eyes are not the soft blue that I remember.

"Ruka, where are you going?" Yuu looks at him in worry.

"I'm going to find out where Natsume is!" He hops on the lions back and takes off.

I hear something off in the distance... screams.. loud screams.

"What's happening?" Mikan looks at the sky as we figure out where the noise is coming from.

We run towards the noise, but I use the wind to fly me over. What I see is not what I would have expected. Animals from the circus are chasing the children of Clss A around, and the kids from my class are trying to restrain the animals.

We all start going around to help.
Tornado, not safe.
Water, also not safe.
Fire, nope.
Looks like I'ma have to use earth.

I try and heard the animals together, rising pieces of earth as barricades and guides. But as soon as I get some together, an animal comes at me from behind.

I'm helping out Sumire who has animals chasing her, when there's a big rumble. I look over and see a big mole robot.

"What is Hotaru going to attem-" I'm cut off as a bear takes a swing at me, I barley dodge it.

I'm guessing from what Ruka said that I unconsciously know how to fight.

Soon I hear Mikan shouting at us, when I look over there's a big hole in the floor. I use the earth to shift the animals towards the hole, and soon we have all of the animals trapped in the ditch.

"Reo?" Someone says, and I sigh in frustration.

Who the heck is that guy?!

///

"-to use Natsume!" We run down the hall and see Ruka with a lot of animals in front of Jinno-sensei.

As we arrive, Mikan calls out to our friend. "Ruka-pyon, wait!"

"I knew Natsume was suffering and I'm a coward for not doing anything to help. But from now on, things will be different!"

"You shouldn't hurt people though!" I argue. Violence is almost never the answer.