Chapter 110: Unexpected Ally

3rd persons POV

Once again, another informant barges in to the room where the elementary school principal was getting treated. The principal glances over from his bed that he sits upon, bandages covering his whole torso from the burns given to him by a certain fire user.

"Damnit!" The underling exclaims in frustration, relaying the news that he gathered. "Elementary school principal! When it comes to capturing Sakura-Futago. Persona..."

As the words escape the man's mouth, an overwhelming rage washes over for ESP's tiny body. Green eyes ablaze, he tries to believe that what was said was not true but his minion had no reason to lie.

"What are you talking about?" The words sputter out of his mouth as he tries to wrap his mind around the thought. "Rei.... Betrayed me?" His fists tremble, "He... is on their side?!" The air around him becomes dark, scaring those around him. They can only watch as the man spirals, having lost one of his most valuable assets.

"How come... I can't believe Rei betrayed me. Rei, who do you think... has been protecting guys like you all this time?!" Luna jumps slightly as the man begins shrieking, "You unappreciative weasel! I will never forgive this traitor... I will destroy you and these guys.. with my bare hands!" He vows. This delusional man would surely not let this go unpunished.

"I will never let you get away with this... REI!"

///

Shiki raises the small mushroom to his mouth, recounting everything that's happening. On the other side of the communication is everyone who was at the concert and has mushroom earphones. They listen to his words carefully, the middle school principal being their eyes and ears for what was happening with Mikan and Akako.

"What?" The high school principal gasps through the headphones, shocked at what's been revealed to them, "Persona... betrayed the ESP?"

"Mikan and the others got backup?!" Another voice exclaims through the headphones for everyone to hear.

Ruka holds his heart in relief, knowing that Mikan had help but an uneasiness weighs his heart down. Persona was the man who spread the Alice of death to two of the people he cared about most and made Natsume's as well as Akako's life hell. He turns to look at his best friend's reaction to see an expression of concern. He could tell that Natsume was definitely weary about trusting the man. A vision of Akako being face to face with Persona caused Natsume a great amount of worry, wondering how she was holding up.

"What's going on?" Tsubasa shakes his head, unable to believe what was happening, "What happened? If it's true, what's with the change in heart?" Tsubasa tries figuring out what Persona's motive could possibly be. After everything that man did, it was a little difficult to trust him. "He even offered to help the twins escape the maze residence. Is it okay to let Mikan and Akako go with that guy? Will Akako even allow that?" The fourteen-year-old  questions. He knew that if Akako sensed danger, she would surely do what she thought best for Mikan.

Jinno sighs at the boys concerns, also wondering the same thing. "This is a message from the new MSP, we have no other choice but to believe that this is true." He confirms.

Tono is the one to retort this time, "But Persona is the one who used the Alice of death on the twins as well as their father. Not to mention that he almost killed Nobara-Chan." He points out, furthering their reasons to distrust the man, "Can we believe... that he's really changed? What if he's a traitor? What if this is a trap set up by the ESP?"

Both Natsume and Ruka stiffen when Tono points out that very real possibility. Natsume ponders what could happen if that was indeed the case.

'Akako is smart in these situations... surely she won't trust him so easily.'