[40] Island Adventure

Here we go

- - -

"So, what brings you to Beast Island?" The former king inquired.

Adora was the first to respond, "We came here looking for our friend, Princess Entrapta? Any change you've seen her? She's got purple hair and really liked robots. Like, really, really likes robots."

Micah narrowed his eyes, "Yeah, I know her. She stole my rations. Only the tiny ones for some reason."

Adora and I gasped at the same time, "That's great! I mean, not the foot part, but the other part." I nodded, "She's okay, or she was not long ago,"

Swiftwind stuck his head in between us, "Did you see which way she went?"

"Why yes, she- IS THAT HORSE TALKING?!"

The unicorn looked bored, "I can hear you."

And so, for the next few minutes the former king began to shout about the horse and lemme just say, he looked kind of manic.

But after a few minutes of us talking and trying to get some answers as to how he was alive and stuff, we began to follow the king as he led us to where he believed Entrapta went.

I heard Adora and Bow talking about Glimmer and hoping for her forgiveness, and I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her.

Turning my head, I looked over to Meissa, who seemed to be studying the terrain with interest. I smiled softly and turned away, watching the path ahead of us.

My step-dad seemed to have not recognized me when he first saw me, and I wanted it to stay that way as long as we were on beast island. We didn't have time for all that mushy feeling stuff.

Adora on the other hand, seemed to be full of that mushy feeling stuff. Not only did she look tired physically, but emotionally as well. I made a mental note to confront her about it when we get back to Brightmoon.

- - -

"The signal," Swiftwind gasped, "It's getting s-stronger!" I patted the horses back, ignoring the pounding that took place in my ears from that dreaded noise.

"We're getting closer. Don't let it distract you." King Micah said whilst rubbing his ears, "Tell, what are they like, Glimmer and Y/n?"

Bow was the first to answer, "Glimmer is stubborn. Real stubborn."

I kept my head down, trying to stay out of the conversation as much as possible.

Adora scoffed, "Uh, Bow."

"What?"

The blonde turned to him and I kept silent in the back, "Both of them are also very brave. Glimmer's one of the bravest people I know. And y/n is strong. She always puts others before herself, and powers through even when she's hurt."

Micah chuckled, "Great, great. Oh, and does Glimmer still have her favorite stuffed animal? The one I made for her, Kowl?"

She nodded, "Oh yeah. She's even started to use your sorcerer staff."

The king cocked an eyebrow, "Isn't that kind of dangerous for a little kid?"

Jumping over a branch, Bow began to talk, "Psh, try telling her that. Not like she listens to anyone these days, that is, except for Sha-"

Micah held up a hand, signalling for everyone to stop and interrupting Bow (Thankfully).

We all knelt to the ground and suddenly we heard a noise.