[2] A New Way Of Living

- Still 9 years into the past -

Eventually I woke up, still in the guards arms, but the scenery had changed as we we're now in the grand city of Brightmoon.

After talking to the queen and the king, I was taken from the guard arms and held by a maid who brought me to the infirmary.

The weight of everything that had happened still hadn't quite hit me yet, so as we walked I took note of the interesting design of the castle.

Like almost everywhere else in this castle, the Infirmary was a bright pastel color, with gold trimming and a big glass window. There was a desk in the corner of the room, with lots of paperwork covering the top and even more photos of people I didn't recognize.

The bed the maid set me on was a light purple color and very soft. It almost felt like if it was just a little bit softer, I would fall through and suffocate.

Then suddenly a woman with bright pink hair and a smile that could give me diabetes, walked into the room and started to introduce herself as the castle nurse. She started asking me questions, and I vaguely answered them as she wrote things down on her clipboard.

The kind woman walked over to a closet and grabbed a pink dress with a floral pattern and handed it to me before giving me a small smile and a wave, exiting the room and shutting the door on her way out, leaving me to listen to the hum of magic and my own thoughts. Both were equally dangerous.

While she was gone, I threw on the dress she gave me and did the best I could to ignore the thoughts about my mother, but resisting them only made them come back stronger. Soon, It was all I could think about. Until I heard the door open and close very quickly.

I looked to the entryway but saw no one there, and suddenly a girl with pink and purple hair popped up from the side of my bed, causing me to let out a small yelp and grab my pillow, ready to strike.

"SHH! I don't want the nurse to know I'm in here," she whispered, grabbing the pillow from my hands and setting it back where It was before. "I'm Glimmer! What's your name?" Glimmer looked at me with curiosity and excitement.

"y/n.." My voice was soft, but I knew she heard what I said when she started going on a rant. "wow! I don't get to talk to many people my age anymore. Say, where do you come from? Is it different here than there? Who are-"

Suddenly, the door opened and closed once again, the pink haired nurse entering with a gentle smile that turned into a frown upon seeing the glittery haired girl.

"Glimmer! I thought I told you not to come in here! Let the poor girl have her rest!" and with that, glimmer was pushed out of the room, giving me a sad wave before the door slammed shut.

- Time Skip -

After getting about 10 more tests (And WAY more questions) the nurse led me to a couple of doors and said that it was the room I would be staying in before walking off. For a couple of minutes, I stood in front of the doors examining its beautiful details.

The design and architecture of this castle almost reminded me of my home, but with less pastel pink and gold.

Finally, I gripped onto the door handles and pushed my way into the room. Inside, I wasn't surprised to see that almost everything was a bright pastel pink, but I was surprised to see that the room was almost empty but for a bed and some bookshelves.

I walked over to a bookshelf that was right next to the window seat and examined the books on it, noticing a couple of titles that I had read before.

As I was looking through the description of a book called 'Love Amongst The Dragons' I heard someone come into my room. Looking up from the page, I saw Glimmer standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hi y/n! I know the nurse told me to leave you alone buuuuuut," She smiled, " I was wondering if you wanted to go steal a cake from the kitchens?" a childish grin formed on my face and I set the book on the bed as we ran out of my room to go get in trouble.

And that was the start of my new life, and hopefully a new way of living. Of course I still had trouble getting past my well..past, but I knew that with my new family I could get past anything. 

- CHAPTER 2 END - 

Thanks for reading!

- Stats - 

Edited: 9/8/20

Redited: 5/23/21

Words: 809