[24] Blood Lies | Family Ties

(I've been planning this chapter since the beginnning of the book so be ready for something big ;) )

When all of us had finally returned to Brightmoon from our long mission in the Northern-Reach, most of us had come down with a cold, forcing us to be stuck inside doing nothing. 

While Glimmer Bow and Adora ran off to do something stupid instead of recovering, I stayed inside my room re-reading all of the books I had on my culture and lineage, which wasn't very many.

I sort of picked up where I left off and continued searching, scanning every page and image looking for some sort of clue or hint or something that seemed off. But everything I read was exactly like I remembered, Perfect. Almost too perfect.

It was like someone had put a filter on the book that only showed the good parts of Elesphia. But I did notice that it was like the books had been changed. Some of the words and pronouns were completely off, for example, it once said that my mother was a king and used he/him pronouns. 

The thought that my mother might've been born a guy did run through my mind a couple of times, but it was ultimately dismissed in the end. 

Overall, I had learned absolutely nothing new. 

So naturally, when we all got better I was asked to help them with something. 

Me and Adora stood on opposite sides of a tower, each holding our own weird fork thing that Bow said was some thing that would help him. 

"A little to the left," He called to Adora, who was struggling with staying balanced. 

"This good?" She yelled, looking kinda scared. 

"Better. Okay now Y/n, move yours more to the right," I nodded and easily walked over to the right a little bit. 

I looked down at Bow and saw Glimmer lying on the ground with a blanket, sleeping peacefully until Bow told her to get up and help. 

"Why are we up on the roof," she yawned, "In the middle of the night again?"

Bow looked at the tired princess, "You know how I thought my tracker pad had broken back in Alwyn? Well I've been studying it, and I realized the garbled static I keep getting on my screen isn't a bug, It's picking up some kind of transmission." 

He continued, "With these three moons in alignment, all transmissions should be stronger. Adora, higher and more out-ish!" 

Adora then leaned over the tower as far as she could and held onto one of the stones before unsurprisingly falling. 

"Its working! We did it! Guys you gotta see this." 

Luckily, Glimmer had teleported and caught the blonde teleporting her to Bow before teleporting me to him as well. 

"Please tell me you got the message." Adora sighed. 

The brown haired bow looked back down at the device, "Some of it's degraded...Can you read the rest?" he showed Adora, who studied the First Ones writing. 

"Serenia. Portal. Mara," she looked over to me, "Whats a Serenia?" 

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head, "I'm not sure. You said that Mara was the failed she-ra before you right? If she's included in the message, it can't be good," 

~ Time Skip ~

Over the next day or so, I searched through my books to see if I could find anything on 'Serenia' or something along those lines. 

But like my recent searches, I had found nothing. 

So when I was suddenly woken up by a frantic Glimmer and tired Adora, I only had so much patience to spare.