[16] Glitches

I was woken up by the sound of the skiff stopping, but when I opened my eyes and looked around, we were still in the whispering woods. 

"How could I let this happen.." Adora said all of a sudden, turning our attention from our own sadness, to her. 

"Adora, it's not your fault," Bow tried to reason. 

"It is my fault! Entrapta's gone because of my plan!" 

Mermista stood up, "This only happened because we were all together." 

"Mermista's right, being together makes us vulnerable.." Perfuma added. 

The blue haired girl continued, "Maybe there's a reason the Princess Alliance fell apart before. Maybe this whole thing was a bad Idea." 

"Mermista no! You can't say that," 

The girl crossed her arms and looked away from the others, "Whatever, I don't wanna be apart of it anymore. Sea hawk, Take me home..." 

Glimmer gasped at seeing us so distraught and hopeless, but how could you blame us? We just lost one of our own. One that I personally would've liked to get to know better, but now there's no chance of that ever happening. 

Sea Hawk began to drive the skiff again and we headed to Salineas where Mermista got off with sea hawk and shut the Sea gate quickly behind her. 

Next we dropped Perfuma off at Plumeria, where we got a glimpse of her creating a plant statue of Entrapta in honor of the fallen Princesses. 

Then we headed home to Brightmoon. 

As we walked to the Entrance of the castle, I couldn't help but want to curl into a ball and pray that this was all a dream. That tomorrow I would wake up and go visit Dryl and Entrapta would be there working on some crazy invention that would make bomb cookies or something. But the closer we got to the castle, the more I knew that wasn't going to happen. 

"Oh, Glimmer and Y/n!" Angella called out, running towards us and giving the both of us a hug, "Are either of you hurt?"

she didn't let us answer that as she hugged us tighter, and I hadn't realized how much I missed giving people hugs. 

"Mom your crushing me!" Glimmer exclaimed, but Angella didn't let go, and instead Bow joined the hug. 

Somehow I slipped away from the hug and she just hugged Glimmer until we reached the castle, "Mom! I'm fine, cut it out!" 

"I will not cut it out, I've been beside myself with worry." She then looked to her daughter with confusion, "You usually teleport out of my embraces, whats going on?" 

"Nothing!" Glimmer replied rather quickly, "I just need to recharge. That's all," 

"Of course. Guards, carry my daughter to the moonstone chamber at once," 

But of course glimmer had to interject, "I don't need to be carried, I can walk. Your embarrassing me," 

Angella huffed, "Fine. Then you have time to tell me what happened. I received word of Entrapta's...loss." 

The mood in the room changed instantly and I could feel tears in my eyes again, which I swiftly wiped away. 

"Well, Y/n? Glimmer? Bow? Adora? Someone tell me what happened," 

I put my hand on Glimmer's shoulder, "I'll tell her what happened," Then I turned to Bow and Adora, "You guys go with her to get recharged," and with that, they left.