[9] The Obsidian Diamond

Two days had passed since the victory on Plumeria, and once again we had decided to have a sleepover with Adora, as she still hadn't gotten completely used to sleeping in a room by herself. 

But, instead of going to sleep, I waited until everyone else was asleep. Then, getting out of my sleeping bag as quietly as possible, I reached behind a nearby couch and grabbed a bag that I had put there before going to 'sleep'. 

In said bag, there was a black cloak with a gold trim, some food, two water bottles as well as the sword Angella had given me only days prior. 

 With a single motion, I threw on the cloak and and placed my sword on a place at my hip, then began to walk towards the window, but just as I was about to open it, a voice made me freeze up. 

"What are you doing?" I turned around to see that Adora was up, arms crossed over her chest and suspicious look on her face.

"U-um. I was just- I just, uh" I stammered, trying to get the right words out, "I'm going for a midnight stroll." But just as I was about to continue jumping out the window, she started to speak again. 

"So lemme get this straight, your going on a midnight stroll, with a cloak and a bag?" She had an eyebrow raised in disbelief, "Yeah I'm not sure I believe that for even a second." 

Sighing, I turned around and faced her with my hands in front of me, "Look, I promise I'm not doing anything bad, I just- I'm just going to find something that I lost a long time ago," 

Her face softened a little and she turned, grabbing her red jacket and throwing it on, as well as grabbing her sword, "What are you doing?" I asked right back at her, and she responded like it was the most simple thing in the world. 

"I'm coming with you," but before I could oppose, she continued, "With the horde currently trying to get through the whispering woods, you're going to need backup if anything goes wrong," 

I huffed and let out a small 'Fine' as I began to scale the back-way of the castle, her following suit. 

After we had finished climbing down, I noticed that she had grabbed her own cloak, presumably from Glimmers wardrobe, although I could be mistaken. 

We then started sneaking around some of the villages or small camps that were set up by the people of Brightmoon, thankfully not getting caught by any late-night wanderers. 

As we started walking away, I realized how long of a trip this would actually be, and grabbed two horses from a nearby stables, hoping that the person we we're borrowing them from wouldn't be mad if we brought them home safe and sound. 

The horse that I had grabbed for myself was beautiful tan horse, with a black mane and dots randomly placed on its skin. Adora's horse however had a darker tan, with a light tan for the mane. Much to our luck, the saddles were nearby and putting them on the horses wasn't as difficult as it seemed. 

Getting onto the horses, we trotted farther away from the city, entering the whispering woods, which were even more terrifying at night then day. And it was pretty scary at day if I'm being honest. 

Slowing our horses down to watch out for predators, Adora began to try and make conversation, "So, there has to be better reason for you wanting to leave alone in the middle of the night other than, 'I'm looking for something," she looked at me with an eyebrow raised. 

"Its much easier to show you than explain, but I want to go back to my castle. My home. Its a shot in the dark, but there might be something there that can benefit the rebellion,"