152: Selection 4

As soon as Castor landed back in the middle of the stage, Nyssa remained standing at the edge of the stage.

Her eyes were tranfixed to him, waiting to confirm her theory.

Castor, on the other hand, felt his back and frontal body aching.

Never in his imagination did he even thought that this petite lady was actually hiding that kind of strength.

Saan niya hinugot ang ganoong lakas at nakaya niyang patumbahin siya nang ganoon lamang?

And that freakish appearing and disappearing of hers...

Ugh! It was the worst.

He began to sit up once again to face her. He also began to think of a way to counter her effectively.

But as soon as he got a smell of his own blood coming from the side of his mouth and at his back, it was like his mind suddenly became hazy.

***

Nyssa observed that Castor was still normal when he sat up. His jaw was clenching indicating that he was frustrated with the sudden turn of event and he was also obviously trying to figure out a way to fight her.

However, biglang natigilan ang binata.

He was frozen like that for a minute. Afterwards, when he moved again, he was willing himself to stand up and face her.

Nyssa's eyes glinted as soon as Castor stood before her.

He was expressionless this time. His eyes were also glazed.

She twisted the sword on her hand and prepared to battle once again.

At hindi naman siya nabigo.

Castor once again run towards her.

This time, though, he was already like a different version of himself.

***

"This is bad." Maru and Leo said at once. The seriousness on their face was very unsettling.

"We need to stop this fight at once." Maru added.

"Why? What's wrong?" Toby asked at once. He clearly didn't notice the change with Castor's aura. He thought Nyssa was actually doing great there. She was even able to bring that huge guy down.

But seeing the two ancient birds to be this anxious, he couldn't help feeling troubled too.

"That person changed. I am not sure exactly what have happened there but he suddenly becomes like a different person." Raqie said.

"What do you mean?"

"It is related to the stage. This is what Nyssa has been trying to prove. The stage is really jinxed." Leo said.

"Then what should we do?" Toby felt worried at once.

Nakadagdag pa na ngayon ay naglalaban sila Castor at Nyssa in more aggressive and speedy way.

Halos hindi na nila masundan ang galaw ng dalawa. Though every now and then, a tremor on the stage could be heard and felt even from where they were.

Hindi nga lang nila alam kung sino ba ang nadedehado sa dalawa because theire strengths seemed to be on par with one another.

Habang nag-aalala sila Toby sa nangyayari, this scenario had somehow calmed down Felix and Prince Akito.

No matter if she was really a Void user or not, Castor's strength was obviously notch higher than hers.

He was an Initial Minor God level.

Now that he was under the magic attached to that stadium, they had nothing to worry about. Most likely, with this situation, Castor would maximize his strength as Initial Minor God level. That would surely something even an aberrant like Nyssa couldn't handle.

She would either end up in a terrible state or in extreme case, dead.

And if she really died right now, what else did they have to worry about?

She wouldn't be able to tell anyone that she was a Void user and she wouldn't be able to activate the Guardian bloodline of Crown Prince Atobe.

It was like hitting two birds with one stone.

With that thought, Felix and Prince Akito finally had one thought in their mind.

Castor had to really kill Nyssa this time.

***

Nyssa, meanwhile, felt the seriousness of her situation right now. Facing this robot-like Castor, she was being careful not be hit by his attacks. She knew very well how much pain it woukd cost her.

Anyway, she must say that she really miscalculated this part or her investigation.

From her observation to the previous matches, she noticed that once a fighter bleed while on this stage, they would be in some kind of trance which make them super  aggressive and able to use their cultivation power to the limit.

That's why those previous matches with bloody opponents were very different than those who didn't bleed at all.

Expectators from the outside of the stadium might simply think that their aggressiveness were due to the fact that they were triggered by their opponents but if such events happened more than twice, that was no longer coincidence at all.

And Castor was actually the third case in this Selection who turned this aggressive once he started to bleed.

She had confirmed then her theory.

Unfortunately, her theory might have been affirmed but her situation was rather dire at the moment for her to get excited.

This bulky guy was no longer in his right mind and definitely pushing his strength up to the boundary of his Initial Minor God level.

Although it would be a bad thing for Castor to keep this up for a while, Nyssa would rather worry about herself first before him.

Now... how to stop this monstrosity from attacking her, eh?

Unfortunately, that very moment she got distracted, Castor's attack hit her really hard and squarely on chest.

She was thrown off by the impact and stumbled several times around the stage.

"Nyssa!" Toby cried out.

He stood up and approached the stage.

That same moment though, Felix stood up too and yelled, "Stop them!"

Yes. Them...

Because Vina had also run towards the stage just like Toby.

Anyway, Neretos people guarding around the stage blocked their way quickly. They had their orders so they would definitely not let anyone get passed them.

"Are you even a cultivator, Toby? To get blocked like that..." Raqie said.

"Senior, if you have a way to get passed these people, then stop talking and start doing it." Toby talked back sarcastically.

"Tch... Move back then."

Toby did it at once. He stepped back and gave way for Raqie.

Then the latter began to use her Guardian power for the very first time.

***