99: Ana's Report 2

Toby figured out how much mess Ana had created this time.

However, he would not abandon her. Lalo na ngayon.

He clenched his fist.

"We know them. We know those information too." Toby said in hard voice.

The other three remained quiet but they seemed to have no intention to disagree with Toby at all.

This just made Brock sighed deeply, unclear whether he was relieved because Nyssa found these good friends or stressed because things became more difficult now?

"We are not your enemy. Wag niyong kalimutan, we are on your side too. If you want to protect that silly girl, that's the same thing for us too." Kunot noong paalala ni Raqie sa kanila.

Somehow, that eased up the tension amongst them. That's right. These four were also close with Nyssa too. They would definitely not hope bad things for her.

"What we should think about now is how to organize your story so that it suits to her report... somehow." Brock said.

"You want us to lie, Senior Brock?" Manghang tanong ni Khalil.

Brock sighed. "Do you think you can lie to us? We know, of course, na ang mga nalalaman niyo tungkol sa mission na ito ay malayo pa sa mismong report ni Ana.

"But I do not want you to lie. Instead, we want you to be ambiguous to the point of those authorities would have no choice but to conclude themselves that your information is just the same as Ana's.

"Fortunately, Zaki was quick witted too. He had somehow recorded their conversation with Ana yesterday. He secretly sent it to us. We can listen to it together and brainstorm how to connect your investigation with it in not so obvious way."

***

"I have something to report." Nyssa began.

"What is it, Miss Meng?"

They heard a sigh from the other line. It was just a call not a hologram one so they couldn't see the hesitations and thousand expressions of Nyssa.

"The missing children case... I know who are behind it, where their base is and what exactly they are doing with those children."

Everyone fell silent when they heard that.

It had been months since they received continuous reports about these missing children cases. In fact, it wasn't just from Southern-Central Boundary. Other nearby cities were also experiencing the same thing.

"I will tell you everything I know but... but I hope you will take action immediately. I am afraid, kapag hindi agad kayo kumilos, more than 20 children will lose their lives in one day."

"Tell us first..."

"Promise first!" Nyssa insisted.

That one elder was about to scold Nyssa for being too impudent towards them.

But one of the three leaders of Central Authorities raised a hand to stop him.

"We promise." -Leader 1.

The other elders wanted to complain but the leaders ignored them.

"Young lady, let's hear your report then." -Leader 2.

Nyssa sighed once again.

"Southern-Central Boundary has lots of high islands. One of these were owned by a family. In fact, this island is the highest one amongst the others. They are calling this island as..."

Bago pa masabi ni Nyssa ang pangalan nito, one of the leaders finished it for her.

"Babel Island." -Leader 3.

"That's right. They named it as the ancient tower which was built with the intention of reaching the Creator.

"Actually, this island is owned by a family but being used by a secret organization. Like in the old legend, they want to build the same tower to reach the One up there and challenge His power."

"What?"

Parang mga bibe ang mga elders at paulit ulit na pumailanlang ang tanong na iyon ng ilang segundo.

"Young lady... Are you sure about this information?" -Leader 3.

Naningkit pa ang mga mata nito.

"I am sure."

"But that's absurd! The Creator is very powerful. How can they challenge Him?" One of the elders commented.

"They are confident because the family who owns the island has been continuously gathering the old treasures in this world all this time. Their family, after all, have lots of Treasure Hunters.

"I wonder if leaders know about the Three Sacred Treasures?"

(Trivia: These Three Sacred Treasures really exist. They came from Japanese Legend.)

"Do you mean the sword, the mirror and the jade?" -Leader 1.

"Un... If I say that they have gathered those three things already, would you believe me?"

The leaders were unsure how to respond to that.

"Leaders, what are those Three Sacred Treasures?" Tanong ng isa sa mga elders.

"They are also known as Heavenly Treasures. Legend says, those three were the last things the Creator gave to the last god who lived in this world; the god of time." Leader 2 started.

"The sacred jade is the pass to heaven. The sacred mirror will show the real pathway in heaven towards the Creator. And the sacred sword... they said it was the only thing that could rival the power of the Creator. But... those are just legendary things." -Leader 3.

"Apparently, they are not. They exist in this world and they are now in the hands of that secret organizations.

"It has been years since they began the construction of the tower. However, they only recently discover that the use of children labor and blood to build the tower was actually making the construction faster.

"As of now, 3/4 of the tower has already been built."

Once again, everyone was silenced by these information.

They couldn't accept this information completely. It was too terrible, impossible and absurd.

Ancient tower... Legendary treasures... Brutality towards children...

"Tanggapin niyo man o hindi, I am telling you the truth. At the beginning, they thought anyone could be used to build the tower so they bought slaves. Eventually, they figured out about children.

"But only those in ages 12 and below would be acceptable.

"They make them work first in building the tower. Then they take their blood to mix with the cement. When the child is about to die, the essence is being absorbed by one of them for cultivation. This person is said to have the power to defeat the Creator himself.

"The same one in the Thousandth Year Prophecy."

When they heard about the Thousandth Year Prophecy, halos sumabog ang ulo ng mga tagaCentral Authorities.

That prophecy was a secret!

How could she even know that?

"Leaders, I do not have enough time.

"I have already told you the place and the things they are doing to the kids.

"Now, you have to know who are behind this case...

"The family who owns the Babel Island is the Ryder Clan from Eastern Island. Behind them stood an organization called Dark Guild. And that person who can absorb the essence of the children, the same one in the Thousandth Year Prophecy...

"Her name is Nyssa Ryder."

***