105: Captured 3

In order to steal one's mental capacity and void element, an ancient ritual was needed. Also, if the next vessel of this wasn't present, a special container with part of the next vessel's power must be prepared.

Yuan had these two prepared at once matapos na iutos ni Anastasia na kunin na ang mental capacity at void ni Nyssa.

"I have everything prepared. Let's begin."

First, he set down that container he had quite distantly opposite to Nyssa. Then he asked one of his men to draw the array on the floor.

Nyssa's eyes widened upon seeing that pattern.

Two triangles... One normal and the other inverted... They were overlapping each other. The two circles were drawn around the triangles. Words were written on each corner of triangles by Yuan after that.

Actually, it was ancient runes, not just simply any words.

Hindi inaasahan ni Nyssa na marunong din sa ancient runes ang binata. But upon thinking of Moira, it wasn't really that impossible.

Yuan might not be the type of person who would spend time studying these things but if Moira wanted him to do so, wala siyang magagawa kundi ang gawin ito.

Anyway, Nyssa tried her best to read these words, recalling the runes she and Toby had studied before.

The one in front of her written as ᛟᛒᛏᚨᛁᚾ meant obtain. While on its both sides were written as ᛗᛁᚾᛞ ᛋᛏᚱᛖᚾᚷᛏᚺ (mind strength) and ᛋᛈᚨᛏᛁᚨᛚ ᛩᛁ (spatial qi).

She noticed the parallel words to mind strength and spatial qi were just the same. But that word in front of the container read as ᚱᛖᚲᛖᛁᚡᛖ (receive).

(A/N: Thank you, Google! 🤣)

Then she finally remembered this array. It has no name but could only specifically used for stealing the void.

When everything were on its place, Yuan walked towards Nyssa once again. He held her hand. She tried to remove his grasp from her but her strength was not enough to push him away.

He successfully got her hand and opened them. Then he cut a knife on her palm.

Sinalo ng binata ang dugo ni Nyssa gamit ang isang mangkok. He did the same thing on the lady's other palm.

"Damn you..." Nyssa couldn't stop cursing at Yuan due to pain.

Pinisil pa nito ang magkabila niyang kamay hanggang sa wala nang mapigang dugo mula doon.

If that kind of thing didn't hurt her at all, ewan na lang talaga ni Nyssa kung tao pa siya sa lagay na yon.

Anyway, Yuan ignored her and simply continued the ritual.

He put her blood in the middle of the array and started chanting words.

Nyssa knew this kind of ritual needed a thorough concentration. She intended to distract Yuan while he was doing it.

But the moment he inserted his power to the array together with the chanting words, a huge explosion occured which affected all of them in the cave like room.

In fact, it seemed to have shaken the whole island.

"What happened?!" Anastasia shouted.

There were only grunts that answered her.

She used her power to clear the dust on the room and soon, she had a clear vision of everyone near the array.

All of them seemed to be thrown off by the explosion.

The two people of Yuan were already dead while he seemed to be in critical condition as he was coughing that huge amount of blood.

Anastasia's eyes widened and her complexion paled.

"Yuan!"

She quickly went near the lad at dinama ang meridian nito.

"N-no way..." Anastasia whispered.

Two of his meridians were terribly damaged. If he wouldn't be healed quickly, he might end up having a Qi Deviation.

"Quick! Come here!"

Agad namang pumasok doon ang ilang mga tauhan ni Yuan.

"Bring your Young Master at the infirmary. They should know what to do with him."

They followed Anastasia's command at once and left with Yuan.

Siya namang naiwan doon ay huminga ng malalim at kinalma ang sarili.

Her hands were shaking kanina noong makita niya pa lamang ang kondisyon ni Yuan. How could he get hurt like that?

With that, she looked slowly towards Nyssa.

To her surprise, the lady was no way harmed like how Yuan did.

Instead, a white orb was covering her whole body. Her expression was just surprised as Anastasia.

"W-what did you do?" Anastasia asked her with a frown.

She saw the container na nasa kabila ni Nyssa. It was completely shattered. Even her friends, Adam and Khalil, hit themselves on the wall and fell unconscious due to impact. So how come she survived that?

Come to think of it, if the ritual failed, it would not create such huge reaction at all.

It wasn't supposed to explode like that which even shook the whole island.

Then it could only be blamed with this lady, right?

"I am asking you, Nyssa. What have you done?"

***

Anastasia actually blamed Nyssa incorrectly this time.

She had no idea what exactly did happen but somehow, she could tell that the white orb came from inside her. And it reminded her of that time she was attacked by Moira and Yuan near the Condemned Forest.

In fact, Nyssa's thought was in the right track.

Maru who was inside the Void look curiously towards the old man who was sitting on the ancient tree Nyssa had stolen once before.

He had his eyes closed. But a white aura was actually enveloping him and the tree.

"What?" Tata Laon asked her.

Napailang lang si Maru.

She wasn't sure why this old man was protecting Nyssa. But definitely, it was also her relief that he did.

Lalo pa at she was very useless because Nyssa kept her locked within her again.

***

"I am asking you, Nyssa. What have you done?" Anastasia asked Nyssa.

"What can I possibly done? Your chains that lock elements are still on my both wrists. What do you think I could possibly done?"

By that time, both of them started to feel na pawala na ang kapangyarihan ng puting orb na pumapalibot kay Nyssa.

Soon enough, it was totally gone.

Nyssa was back to normal.

Anastasia smirked upon seeing this. "That orb is gone. It can no longer protect you, eh?"

She waved her hand a whip appeared on her hand. She hit the ground with it and it produced a spark. She continued doing that while walking towards Nyssa then.

Nyssa simply gritted her teeth.

Of course, she knew the intention of Anastasia.

But she would never have her a satisfaction.

Seeing the gaze on Nyssa's eyes turning into firm one, Anastasia had a more or less an idea of what she wanted to do.

"Good. Let's see how much you can take of my whipping."

***