88: Fated Encounter 1

Gaya ng sabi ni Jin, they were able to collect the information of missing children from Authority Station.

Kasalukuyan nilang pinag-aaralan ang mga naroroong impormasyon.

However, Nyssa wasn't into them at all.

Though she was holding several papers, but she was only scanning them.

Napuna naman iyon ni Jin.

Usually, she was very enthusiastic kapag may mga ganitong mission sila. But today was different with her.

Nang tumayo si Nyssa papunta ng kusina, Jin followed her, leaving the three lads to their research.

"May problema ba, Ana?"

When Nyssa heard Jin's question, naguguluhan lang siyang umiling dito.

"Bakit? Mukha ba akong problemado?"

"Nope. But you seem not interested in this case."

Napahawak sa ilong niya si Nyssa.

Not that she was not interested with this mission. It was just, those information, she was able to recollect them from her mind.

In fact, in her past life, she had also investigated this missing children.

Back then, she did it for a friend. This time, for a mission.

"Ah, don't worry about me. I have just something in mind lately. Besides, you know me. I'd rather deal with the action scenes than the thinking phase. My brain will go haywire, ah."

Can't say things?

It was always good to use idiocy as an excuse.

She once again went back in the living room and sat beside Toby.

As for Jin who was left in the kitchen, he could only shook his head.

***

Magdamag na nag-usap usap sila tungkol sa mga nakalap nilang impormasyon. Except for Nyssa, of course.

She'd gone to bed in time na hinayaan lang naman nila Toby.

Anyway, they'd reached a consensus about these missing children cases.

First, the age range of those kids would be from toddler years up to 12 years old. But they still thought that it may go down to infancy age.

Then, there was a pattern kung kelan nawala ang mga bata. It seemed every third day was the goal of those kidnappers.

Lastly, those people didn't mind whether the kid was attended or not. They would take the kids even right under nose of their parents.

This kind of bold movements only meant that these people didn't really fear anyone not even the Authorities from this place.

These were the findings na sinabi nila kay Nyssa sa umaga.

She just nodded at them. Then with a huge smile, she told them, "Shall we go out and eat lunch mamaya doon sa kinainan namin ni Toby kahapon? The food there were really delicious!"

Khalil was quickly in agreement with her.

Napailing lang naman si Toby dahil sa akto ni Nyssa. She was definitely weirder since the moment they arrived here for this mission.

But then, in the first place, she didn't want to do this mission at all. So maybe, she was just really disinterested.

"Alright. We'll eat there during lunch. As for the remaining time in the morning, let's walk around in groups. If we can approach those parents of missing children and talk with them, it will be much better."

Agad naman silang nagsipagtanguan sa sinabi ni Jin.

"You pair yourself then. I need to pass this time. Maggogrocery muna ako ngayong umaga. It will be unwise for us to spend too much of Ana's exploited money from Governor Max at kumain palagi sa labas." Toby said.

"Then, Khalil, you go with me." Aya ni Nyssa sa binata.

Pasang-ayon na nga sana si Khalil when Jin shook his head.

"Nope. That's not gonna happen. I am sure, the two of you will only play around together. You will go with me then, Ana. I am your date today." Sabi pa ni Jin with a playful smile.

Nyssa just rolled her eyes.

"I was about to say that. It is good you i initiated, Jin. However, don't make any mistake. Take care of her for real this time." Toby said with a hint of warning.

They knew exactly what he meant by that.

Jin simply smiled and nodded at him.

"Well, that's the plan then. Magkita kita na lang tayo sa restaurant na sinasabi ni Ana when lunch comes."

***

Nyssa had no choice but to follow Jin the rest of the morning.

He was dedicated too much in investigating, it was almost unbearable for her.

Kulang na nga lang at magbahay bahay pa ito.

She shook her head.

Bukod pa doon, he was stricter to her this time.

Nasindak ba siya ni Toby kanina?

He didn't even want her to get out from his sight. Kulang na lang ay talian siya nito sa kamay eh.

"What do you think about this case, Ana?"

Jin asked her while they were walking away from that lady na kausap lang nila kanina.

Actually, he was the only one talking.

Nyssa shrugged. "You know, this attempt of yours are futile. What we should do is prepare for tomorrow."

Jin looked at her. "Tomorrow is the next third day, isn't it?"

"Yes. I believe, your lead will have more progress if you prepare for that."

"The thing is, they may have patterned for the days of their kidnapping but for places where they would attack, they do it randomly."

"Really?"

"Do you have another idea?"

"I suggest you look at the congestion of children per area of this place."

Yun lang ang sinabi ni Nyssa at nagtingin tingin na siya ng mga paninda sa paligid niya.

***

When lunch came, they met each other at Grilled Hog gaya ng napag-usapan nila ng umaga.

Toby, as expected, had a lot of things to carry.

Inabot na naman siya ng matagal na oras sa paggogrocery niya. Nyssa was just thankful na hindi siya sinama nito. Mas matitiis naman niya si Jin kesa sa pagiging metikuloso ni Toby sa pamimili.

Anyway, the restaurant was bustling with people.

Mabuti na lang at hindi naman siya naghintay ng matagal para makaupo at makaorder ng pagkain nila.

After a while...

"Wow... Ana, we really have the same wavelength basta sa mga ganitong bagay." Khalil said while he was feeling how full he was.

"Sabi sayo eh. This is a good restaurant." She  told him habang tinatali sa bewang niya ang coin purse niya.

"Oo na... Alam naman naming basta pagkain tumatalino ka eh. Mabuti pa ay bumalik na tayo sa bahay muna. Kailangan ko pang ayusin ang mga ito." Toby said.

"Mabuti pa nga. There are things we should talk more anyway." Jin agreed and they all stood up already.

No one noticed the cryptic smile of Nyssa.

***