69: Meet to Quest

"Are you going back to your room? Why don't you stay for a bit?"

After Jin's father told her that, Nyssa decided to stay and occupy one of the seats.

She was suprised though after finding out na nasa harapan nila ngayon ang mga mahahalagang tao sa Southern Island. That includes the Governor who happened to be Celine's father.

"Papa, Governor Max, I wonder why you have gathered here today?" Tanong ni Jin.

"Un... It's because something is happening in the South Canyon. I'll let Governor Max explain." Jin's father said.

Tumango naman ito at agad na nagsalita.

"At first, my office has been receiving reports about missing people who are traveling in the Canyon. Of course, I deployed people to look for them. Pero maging ito ay hindì na rin nakabalik.

"And then lately, there has been movements from the sacred beast in the canyon. Usually, no one will find a higher level beast in outer region but the recent report I have received said na may mangilan ngilang legend level ang nakita doon."

"That is indeed uncommon." Jin said seriously. "May idea ba kayo kung ano ang posibleng nangyayari sa inner region ng South Canyon?"

"We have theories but we cannot confirm them yet. That's why we gather everyone here. Any ideas will be welcome." Jin's father said.

Bigla namang tumingin si Jin kay Nyssa. "What do you think, Ana?"

When she was addressed by the lad, halos lahat ng naroroon ay napatingin sa kanya. She almost felt uncomfortable but just ignored them.

"There are only two possibilities na naroroon sa inner region which causing the plight of those higher level beasts. Either a Heavenly Object appeared there or a birth of Divine Beast happened."

By those words, nagkatinginan ang ama ni Jin at si Governor Max. She must have hit the same guess as they had.

"We also thought so. Jin is right about how knowledgeable you are."

"You flatter me, Sir. I just happen to know those things because of my father and sister who have experienced them before."

Still, she saw Jin's father nodding, clearly impressed with her.

***

"Which do you think it is, Ana? The Heavenly Object or Divine Beast?" Jin asked Nyssa nang makaalis na lahat ang bisita ng ama niya.

As soon as she supported their ideas, they had also decided to have a conquest towards the canyon.

Well, it wasn't really a good idea to let these spirit beasts to run amok. There were possibilities of them harming the nearest cities once they became dissatisfied within outer region of canyon.

So the sooner they solved the matter, the better was it then.

"Of course, it is the latter." Nyssa answered Jin.

Natigilan naman ang binata dahil sa sagot niya.

"Since it is Divine Beast, anyone who gains it will be very fortunate." He said.

"Definitely."

Jin noticed the nonchalant attitude of Nyssa. So he asked her.

"Aren't you interested with it?"

"I have Maru already so why would I need another one. No matter how great a Divine Beast is, it is still one level lower than Ancient Beast."

Jin realized the same thing and agreed at Nyssa. Tama nga naman ang dalaga. Divine Beast was always one level lower than Ancient Beast. And even though it was just a level, the difference of their power was still great.

Divine Beasts had after all the ancient bloodline. But the Ancient Beasts existed from the beginning of the world up to the present. Their knowledge was extensive and their power was unsurpassable by other beasts.

Unfortunately in Maru's case, everytime she had a new master, her power would reset too and her cultivation level would depend on her master's progress.

Though Nyssa would breakthrough a lot than normal these past few years, her level was still low compared to her peak state once upon a time.

"If you want that beast, I can help you along the way. But once we are already in front of it, you have to tame it alone and bind it with a soul contract." Nyssa offered to Jin.

"Really?" Jin asked suprisingly towards Nyssa.

The lady simply nodded.

Jin happily stood up in front of her.

"Then let's join the quest in the canyon. Kahit hindi ko makuha ang Divine Beast, the mere sight of it is enough for me."

"Be more optimistic, Jin. Since I offer to help you gain it, then it means I have a way to do it. Anyway, you must prepare well for the quest if we are really going to join."

"Don't worry, I'll do it."

Nyssa simply nodded and started to walk away from him. Muli niya kasing nakita na papunta sa direksyon nila si Celine at ang mga maidservants nito kaya naman she decided to leave.

For her, Divine Beasts are easier to tame than these ladies. Everytime they would see her, there was actually black lines on their faces kahit wala naman siyang ginagawang masama.

If it was in her past life, baka naintindihan pa niya kung bakit ganito ang mga ito sa kanya. She was a bit of troublesome fool back then na kahit hindi niya kakilala o kasundo ay nagagalit sa kanya.

But since this wasn't the past life, she really couldn't understand. She was already very tamed now. Noon, malakas ang loob niya dahil malakas siya. She could easily toppled anyone she wanted to. But now...

Anyway, rather than clash with them, she would choose going back to her assigned room to rest.

Yeah... Magpapahinga na lang siya. God knows how much she needed this rest for the next few days of her life deep within that Southern Canyon.

***