33: Announcement

The next day after the seventh day that week ay inannounce din nila ang result. Of course, Nyssa's group passed.

However, it didn't mean their passing do Nyssa any good at all.

Toby was treating her too coldly.

Daig pa niyang hangin kapag magkasama sila sa dorm. Mas kinakausap pa nito si Maru kesa sa kanya. Na inaangas naman nung isa sa kanya.

Tch...

She must be really that bad with relationship. Hanggang ngayon kasi, hindi niya alam kung bakit galit sa kanya si Toby.

For the nth time, Nyssa sighed.

In her two lifetimes, bakit ba kasi hindi isa sa mga skills na naacquire niya ay tungkol sa pag-intindi ng mga tao?

She was busy with that thought when someone sat beside her.

"Ehem..."

"Zaki, who give you permission to sit there?"

Yes, it was the annoying guy who disturbed her overthinking session.

Zaki shrugged.

"No one is sitting here, anyway."

"Sinong nagsabi sayo na wala?"

"Why? Is Toby talking to you again?"

Savage...

This guy is definitely savage.

Then she heard him chuckled.

"Come on. He is not the only one who wants to sit beside you right now."

"Tch..."

Hindi na lang sumagot pa si Nyssa. Instead, she faced the front. If she remained looking towards Zaki, she could have seen the small smile formed on his lips.

Anyway, they were currently at the Gym because Brock had announcement to make and he just stepped on the stage.

"Everyone, I hope you are doing well. With all of the ongoing exams we have, I know you are very busy preparing. That's why, I think this announcement I am about to tell is a good news for all of us.

"The week after we finish our Martial Arts Test, there will be a one week vacation for all of us. That week is Central City's Festival week. And since all of our instructors and elders will be busy during those times, we have to give them those days so they can focus with what they have to do.

"Therefore, it will be up to us whether to stay here or go home during those days. You can have your name enlisted with any of the council members if you want to go home during that week.

"You have still a week to decide for that and we encourage you to choose to unwind during those days as our tests are surely taxing."

Everyone clapped after that announcement of Brock.

Of course, who wouldn't want a week of no test?

Although postponement lang yun, but it was still better to have some days off of not thinking about the test.

"This is good. We can go back together." Zaki said. Then he gazed towards Nyssa.

But the lady was obviously occupied by her own thoughts kaya malamang ay hindi nito narinig ang sinabi niya.

"Ehem..."

"..."

Zaki raised an eyebrow and a shippish smile appeared on his face.

Then slowly, he moved his face closer to her face.

***

Nyssa was thinking about the Central City Festival.

Sa haba ng sinabi ni Brock, doon lang nagfocus ang utak niya.

Ni hindi nga natinag ang isipan niya when everyone cheered because of a week's off from school.

In truth kasi, Nyssa knew well na kapag may Festival, a competition is always present there. And if there is a competition, then it means valuable items will be given as prizes.

Kulang na lang ay kuminang ang mga mata niya dahil sa naisip.

Pero naputol ang train of thoughts niya ng bigla siyang naramdaman na nagrelease ng power energy. Kasunod noon ay ang tunog ng pagtama ng isang bote sa isa pang bagay at pag-aray ni Zaki.

She immediately looked beside her and saw Zaki wincing in pain habang hinihilot ang backhead nito.

"Ouch..."

"What happened?"

Lumingon sa likuran nila si Zaki kaya ganun din ang ginawa niya. Only to see Khalil, Toby, Jin and Adam sitting two steps above them.

"Sorry, my hand slips." Sabi ni Toby. But he wasn't looking at her kundi kay Zaki lang. And there was something with the way he was looking at him.

As if there was judgment with that.

Agad namang napaiwas ng tingin si Zaki then faked a cough.

"It's okay. That really happens sometimes."

"Pfft..." The guy called Jin suddenly laughed. Pero agad siyang siniko ni Toby. So he stopped laughing at once. But he was obviously pleased as if he was enjoying the scene at the moment.

Then his eyes landed on Nyssa. His smile widened and suddenly, he winked at her.

"Tara na nga." Hinigit pa siya ni Toby at umalis na silang apat.

"Do you know that guy?" Kunot noong tanong ni Zaki sa kanya. Obviously, he saw the smile and wink of Jin towards her and that pissed him.

Nyssa rolled her eyes.

"As if naman hindi mo malalaman kung kilala ko ba talaga yung lalaking iyon o hindi, Mr. Stalker..." Then she also started walking away.

"Stalker???"

***