7: Troubling Discoveries

"Ana... Isn't that already your case?"

It took Nyssa a while to absorb what Alexandra told her.

Hindi niya alam kung mahina lang talaga yung comprehension level ni Anastasia or she just couldn't accept it at all.

But either way, she couldn't change that fact.

If what Alexandra said was true, then she could just give up cultivation now.

And as if reading her mind, Alexandra spoke again.

"It happened during your birth. That's also the reason why... why our mother died after she gave birth of you. Indeed, you might become a gifted cultivator with or without that prophecy. Both our parents are well-known cultivators so surely, we will be too. But on that dreadful night, the midwife na nagpaanak kay mama had almost killed you.

"Fortunately, you were saved by mama."

"But she lost her life in exchange."

When Alexandra nodded, Nyssa was speechless.

In her previous life, she could only feel sad kapag napag-uusapan ang mama niya. Like Anastasia, her mom died while giving birth to her. But no one attempted to kill her which caused her mother to risk her own life for her.

If that's what had happened that night, baka nga iba pa ang sitwasyon niya ngayon. Maybe she didn't have to bear the wrath of his father that much. Baka rin kapantay lang niya si Moira sa estado kung nagkataon.

Truth be told, it wasn't her future betrayal which causes her father's hatred towards her. It was because of her very birth.

During that time, isa lang talaga ang inaasahan nilang iaanak ng mama niya. But who would have thought that there's another child in her mother's womb after giving birth to Moira? And because no one expected that there was still Nyssa in there, nagulat sila ng bigla na lang ulit nagkacontraction ang mama niya.

She gave birth to another child.

This child was obviously gifted. An aura was surrounding her during the birth. And someone even guessed that she was already in 3-star Elite.

But her gift was what killed their mother. That's the reason why his father could never even be in the same room with her. He hated her that much.

When Alexandra saw Anastasia's sadness, hindi niya mapigilang maawa sa kapatid. She thought she was sad because of her own fortune. But who thought someone else had it bad all this time? Someone even her deemed as fortunate for being strong by birth.

"Anyway, cultivation isn't everything, Anastasia. There are other ways to gain power."

With that, she left her younger sister. As much as she wanted to comforted her, she couldn't. She needed to be tough for both of them. Especially for Anastasia...

***

Nang makaalis si Alexandra ay napahinga na lang ng malalim si Nyssa.

She was sad, yes. Being reminded about her mother was truly sad.

But that's all of it. That's the only reason why she was feeling down.

Dahil gaya ng sabi ni Alexandra, there are other ways to be powerful.

She collected her notes.

Now, she understood this body of Anastasia, she already knew what she needed to do.

***

Kinabukasan...

She prepared the potion gamit ang mga halaman na pinakuha niya kay Hazel kahapon. Pinadagdagan niya lang ng ilan pang ingredients ang mga iyon then she once again closed the door in her room to concoct this drink na magsisilbing tulong para sa naiisip niyang paraan para mapalakas ang sarili niya.

Not because some part of her meridian was damaged did it mean that she was gonna give up. Upon travelling all over the world in her previous life, she learned that until there's life, there's always ways to cultivate.

Once she finished making the potion, she drank it immediately. Of course, the energy from it was great for her. But it was bearable.

She rubbed her hands together and once it was heated enough, she closed her eyes and placed her hands on her belly and slowly massaged there in circular motion.

Soon, as she felt energies from her fingertips. Then she did some kind of hand movements which help her flow the energy from her hands to the other parts of her body.

This is one of the ways she had learned from her past life on how to diagnose one's problem in qi.

Hindi naman siya nabigo.

She immediately found it and concentrated the energy she had from the potion on that spot. She believed that it would be able to cure that part of her meridians as it was not even permanently damaged.

Anastasia was still somehow lucky. Mukhang nailigtas talaga siyang tunay ng mama niya. The damaged she received was indeed very bad. But it wasn't able to ruin that part of her meridian totally.

She smiled at the thought pero agad din iyong nabura because something happened to the energy of the potion na ginamit niya upang ipanggamot sa meridian niya.

The absorption was disrupted then the energy flowed on the other part of her meridian, specifically on top of her head.

Nyssa was dumbfounded by a moment. She never directed the energy there. Somehow, her mental capacity absorbed the energy on its own.

"What the..." Hindi naiwasang masabi ni Nyssa matapos siyang dumilat.

Her eyes were still wide from shock.

If her mental capacity was able to move the energy by its own, then it only meant one thing. Her mental capacity is way bigger than other parts of her meridian.

As soon as this thoight occured to her, she once again drank the rest of the potion and experimented. This time, she focused the energy flow towards her mental capacity which drained it as soon as it could.

Nyssa was flabbergasted once again. But a sudden beating inside her made her stop.

It was just one beat but it was able to shake her whole being. Sweats formed all over her body.

When she opened her eyes again, doon niya narealize that she was catching her breath.

***

All day after that ay nag-isip ng husto si Nyssa.

She stopped cultivating and rethought everything she knew about mental capacity.

She was amazed, of course. Iisa lang kada isang libong taon ang taong ipinanganganak na may malawak na mental capacity.

Once you have it, it means you have an indefinite control over void.

And that's the reason why there's only one person per one thousand year ang nabubuhay ng may ganoon. A void cannot be mastered by two people.

Yun din ang dahilan kung bakit sa lahat ng elemento, void is the most rare and the only one that could be stolen.

Someone who is skilled enough can take that person's mental capacity and automatically, makukuha na din ng taong iyon ang void element.

However, Nyssa knew one person from her previous life who was the owner of the void.

It was none other than Moira.

But all of them only found out about that when Moira and her turned twenty. That's exactly two to three years from now.

Dahil nga doon ay mas lalong tumatag ang titulo niya bilang tagapagmana ng Ryder Clan.

However, Nyssa couldn't help but be bothered about it now.

Sa pagkakaalam niya, two to three years from now too, a hidden person from Meng family will be found dead sa bukana ng Condemned Forest.

Could it be...?

***