82: Talk

(A/N: I found my achilles' heel... CHAPTER TITLES, ugh! 😫)

Khalil was unsure what to do with the silence going around the four of them.

They just came back from the market when Nyssa and Jin was talking.

They had no idea kung gaano katagal na nag-usap ang dalawa bago sila dumating. But what they heard when they arrived there was the disappointing part.

They continued listening hanggang sa iabot ni Nyssa sa kanya ang itlog ng Divine Beast at umalis na.

Then Jin invited them in the study room.

Obviously, he was aware that they were eavesdropping.

Nang makarating naman sila sa study room, wala namang gustong magsalita sa mga kasama niya.

Toby was snorting at one side. Obviously, he was castigating Jin deep inside his mind.

As for Adam, he simply sat on the chair in front of Jin. Khalil didn't know what he was thinking. Probably, he was thinking how to help Jin get out of this predicament. After all, he was always on Jin's side.

However, when Adam finally spoke, it greatly shocked Khalil.

"This time, Jin, why are you not using your brain? Are you going to keep your ignorance?"

It wasn't just Khalil who was surprised. Toby and Jin were also the same.

But Toby quickly got over and sneered upon hearing Adam's words.

"I know, it has already crossed your mind. If we, outsiders, could guess that Celine is the mastermind for Ana's almost death, it should already occur to you too." Toby said.

Khalil coughed to ease the tension around them even for a bit.

Then he asked the question that had been bothering him since that day.

"Jin, are you in love with Celine?"

That's the only thing na naiisip ni Khalil na dahilan kung bakit parang nirreject ng isipan ni Jin na magagawa ni Celine ang bagay na yun kay Nyssa?

Well, sabi nga nila, it was always the female who had huge territorial sense. It applied to all creatures, mapatao man o hayop.

"I am not." Sagot ni Jin. He even shook his head as if the idea was very impossible to happen.

"Are you sure?"

"I am certain." Jin even looked directly at him.

Then he sighed.

He sat on one of the chairs in the room.

"I know Celine. She's too child-like to do that kind of cruel thing. Isa pa, she knew Ana is my friend."

"Then, are you saying na nagsisinungaling si Ana?"

Jin shook his head again.

"Jin, you are not dumb. You are the smartest amongst us all. Imposibleng hindi mo alam na walang nararamdaman sayo si Celine. That alone is enough reason for her to command her maids to get rid of Ana who was always around you.

"That's three of her people who attempted to murder Ana, Jin. You cannot exclude her as suspect. In fact, all of us could tell she was the mastermind. How could you not?

"See? Even her own father secluded Celine in their own house these past few days out of fear na gawin din ni Ana sa kanya ang ginawa nito kay Linda.

"These proofs, Jin... They are all pointing to Celine as the real murderer of Ana. Stop covering up for her."

Toby could no longer take Jin's playing ignorant and said those things at once. After that ay nagwalkout na siya.

This time, kahit pa mas matagal na niyang kaibigan si Jin, he would not take his side anymore.

"I... I'll just follow Toby." Khalil excused at lumabas na din sa study room.

Naiwan na lamang sila Jin at Adam doon.

"Am I really wrong this time?" Jin asked.

"I think you already know the answer to that question of yours, Jin."

Adam was really a loyal friend to Jin though. He never left him at all.

***

This time, Jin's mother had also a change of attitude towards Nyssa.

No one knew if it was because of Toby's outburst towards her on that day or because of Nyssa's scary power.

These past few days, she was also trying to get into Nyssa's better side. But the latter was just polite towards her.

This actually made Toby sneer in secret. It was true. The weak fears the strong.

Anyway, hindi naman niya alam kung paanong magrreact ng malaman niyang nagbreakthrough si Nyssa ng tatlong stars at nasa Legendary level na ang dalaga.

She finally caught up to the three of them. Though Toby himself was currently in mid Legendary habang sila Adam at Khalil ay nasa nasa peak Legendary naman.

Then there was the aberrant Jin who reached Mythic level at his young age.

Seriously, both Jin and Nyssa made Toby want to vomit blood.

How could there be people like them in this world?

Isa pa, at this point of time, Nyssa's element finally appeared itself.

A rare Void element!

For pete's sake! That's the element na sa mga legend lang nila naririnig at nababasa.

Hateful! This silly girl was reaply hateful!

"...I can only use portion of the Void though." Nyssa said while a black aura was forming on her hand.

It was just an aura but they could already feel pressure around it.

"Have you known this all along?" Khalil asked.

"I know that I have the Void inside me. But I have never been able to produce it like this. You know how much I grieve over the fact that I cannot wield any elements right?"

Napatango lang si Khalil.

"Turned out, for someone who has Void element, one should be in Legendary level first to be able to physically produce it." Toby concluded as he sat down in front of Nyssa.

She just nodded in response.

"But, although Void element is powerful as we have witnessed when Ana used it towards Linda, it is also like a double eged sword for you right? Since it is the only element that can be stolen, if people are to find out, with your current strength, it is possible to meet your demise along the way." Adam said.

"Un... That's why, I am grateful to Jin for making everyone do the Heavenly Vow kahit hindi niyo pa confirm noon kung Void nga ang ginamit ko o hindi. Seriously, at that time, I was too exhausted and very emotional. If I was in the right mind, I would have done it secretly, out of the eyes of those people. After all, I am also aware of the consequence of having this Void element."

Ang tahimik naman na si Jin na sa isang sulok ay bigla namang nagsalita. "Those assassins before... They were after the Void, right?"

Nyssa smirked towards Jin. "I'm glad your back, Jin."

Toby also sneered when Nyssa said that.

Adam frowned. "Unnecessary, Ana."

While Khalil was clueless.

"What's unnecessary? What do you mean, Ana? Jin is here all along naman ah."

Jin just sighed.

Ah, he had to redeem himself right?

***