171: Welcome Gift

"Mistress, it is time." The Great Elder of the Dark Guild beside Moira reminded her quietly.

She and her people had been there at the boundary of Central and Northern Island for a half a day now. All they had to do was to cross this shallow river and the war would begin any time.

However, it was obvious that Moira was still waiting. Yuan and her councils knew it was Anastasia.

For a moment, Moira remained quiet. The elders around her couldn't help looking at each other but no one urged her to decide right away.

"Go. Cross the river." After a while, she finally commanded.

There was a loud cheer and soon, the march began.

Unexpectedly though, as soon as the front troops stepped in the river, the shallow waters began to rise rapidly. The current started to get torrential too.

Panic rose from these people. They tried to cross the river quickly. Some even attempted to go back. But they could feel a force which trapped them in the middle of the raging waters.

"What's going on?" Yuan asked. He flew towards the front and found out that there was an array in the river. Whoever tried to cross would be trapped there.

"Fly, you fools!" He yelled at them.

However, he completely forgotten that these front troops were the supposed cannon fodders of them and their cultivations were not strong enough to be able to afloat themselves.

In the end, he and the others who were not yet able to step in the river could only watch as these front troops were swallowed completely by the raging rivers.

"Pfft..."

Even from where she was, Moira heard that chuckled.

Her eyes flashed and glared on the other side of the river where Nyssa, along side with Maru and Jin, appeared.

"You..." Yuan squinted his eyes towards them full of hatred. "Do you think you can stop us crossing the river by using this kind of tricks?"

"Who says I want to stop you all from crossing? I just merely want to welcome my dearest sister. Since you come to visit, I cannot be a good host without preparing a welcome, right?" Nyssa even looked up at Jin who was standing beside her. She was smiling beautifully at him which made Jin's heart flutter.

Did he just miss her so much that she looks more gorgeous?

His lips quirked upward before pulling her towards him and said, "Of course."

Because she didn't expect that Jin would pull her, she landed on his chest and almost lost her balance kung hindi lamang siya nayakap ng binata agad.

"Jin, you..."

"Your fault for making me wait too long."

Nyssa faked a cough to hide her embarrassment for this public display of affection but it wasn't able to hide the reddening of her face.

Maru, who was involuntarily thirdwheeling at the two, could only rolled her eyes.

"Disgusting." Moira muttered from where she was.

"Aiyaaaa... Don't envy us, Moira. It is your own fault kung bakit puro mga matatandang hukluban lamang ang nakapaligid sayo. My dear sister, you must be very lonely to have no man wanting to accompany you, eh?" -Nyssa.

"You forgot that one." Maru pointed at Yuan.

"Maru, how can you call someone who hides behind a woman as man?" Jin even looked at Yuan disdainfully.