142: Meredius Sun Tribe 3

The tent Vina allocated for them was house-like with living room, kitchen and three separate beds. It was according to Nyssa's request dahil na rin sa Void naman nagpapahinga sila Leo at Maru.

Anyway, when they arrived there, as soon as the tent curtain closed, Vina faced Nyssa.

"It is time for you to explain yourself. I have accepted you here and introduced you as my guests to my grandmother because I need to know who you are and why do you seem to know me."

Nyssa touched her nose and had a thinking expression for a moment.

"As I have told you, my name is Nyssa Ryder. These are my friends. Toby, Raqie, Maru and Leo. We are from Central Island. I know you because...

"Well this one, I can't tell you yet."

"Yah... Are you kidding me?" There was a hint of warning in Vina's voice.

Nyssa started to step back away from her.

"Sasabihin ko din naman but not now."

"Tell me now."

"I... can't."

Vina felt her mouth twitching. Mukhang wala talagang balak na sabihin sa kanya ng babae ang gusto niyang malaman mula dito. This scammer, ah!

She was about to take out her blade to intimidate Nyssa but was distracted by tye laidback attitude of the latter's friends.

"That's right. Torture her." Raqie said.

"I agree. Kahit sa akin niya yan ginawa maiinis din ako. Go on, you can beat her if you want. Just as long as you don't kill her." Toby added.

Nagawa pang maupo nilang maupo sa may dining table and waited for the attack of Vina.

As for Maru, she was too busy with her sewing at kanina pa siya nakaupo doon. She didn't even lift her head para man lang tingnan si Nyssa out of worry.

(Leon was outside the tent, standing guard.)

"Yah, you three! Salamat sa suporta ha."

"Anytime." Nagawa pang sumagot ni Raqie.

Nyssa couldn't help sulking.

She could have crouched on the corner and draw circles on the ground kundi lang nasa harapan pa niya si Vina at hawak hawak ang blade niya.

However, Vina was already too distracted to attack Nyssa.

In her mind, she somehow couldn't help pitying the lady. She never met anyone being bullied like this before. Kaibigan ba talaga niya ang mga ito?

Besides, she still had a high impression towards Nyssa. She felt the woman shouldn't be treated as this and instead, she was supposed to be commanding like a lady boss.

Vina even surprised herself when she thought about that.

A lady boss?

Why would she think so?

Anyway, napuna naman ni Nyssa na natigilan si Vina. She had a confused expression while looking at the three.

"I thought they are your friends."

"They are." Nyssa said. Then she realized that Vina might not use with how they were treating her. "They are not really bullying me, you know. It is... ah, their way to show affection towards me."

Even she had a hard time explaining it.

Lalo lang namang naguluhan si Vina.

Since when bullying became affection?

Napahinga na lang ng malalim si Nyssa. Well, she was like that at the beginning too.

From Alexandra, Raqie, Toby and Maru...

They were not normal with how they were treating her. But she knew she was very dear for them kahit na madalas siyang pinagttulungan ng mga ito.

Alexandra needed to be mean to her only sister in order to protect her against the second family of their father. Since the lady thought she was her sister, Nyssa had experienced her heartless act several times.

Raqie didn't like her stubborness despite her being weak. And it also caused her to be punished by looking after her during her freshman year in Central Cloud.

Toby couldn't understand her well whether she was an idiot or an aberrant person. She also hid a lot of things from him and that was hard for him to deal with.

And Maru... she always expected her to die early and not last long. She had too many masters before her and they died too early. Nyssa had taken her meanness as her defense mechanism towards her.

Well, kahit sino naman sigurong immortal, if you have already lost a lot of people, you will also become hesitant to invest your affection towards them.

Despite them being mean and bully to her, Nyssa could reason their attitudes on their behalf. Her two lifetimes were able to help teach her these things.

However, putting that into words was a bit hard. Lalo na at kailangan niya itong iexplain kay Vina who was a straightforward lady. If she doesn't like you, then she will show it to you. If she likes you, she will do every good thing for you.

Especially at this time na hindi pa ito nakakalabas sa tribo nila. She was still inhibited by the outside world. She still didn't know about the concept of deceiving, betrayal and masks.

Nyssa's expression softened while looking at Vina.

The latter felt weird when she did that. Because she couldn't understand why she was looking at her like that.

"I know, trusting isn't too easy to give to a stranger but I hope you can trust me with this one, Vina. I do not intend to keep the truth from you for too long. It is just that at this moment, the time is still inconvenient. You might end up misunderstanding me. Pero sasabihin ko din naman sayo. Just not right now."

Nyssa said with a sigh.

For a while, Vina just looked at her, obviously weighing her words and the truth in it.

Indeed, trust isn't something to be given out easily. But... she has a gut feeling that Nyssa is someone she can be trusted.

After contemplating for a while, she nodded.

"Fine. I will trust you this one. But you have to tell me everything soon."

Nyssa smiled gratefully at Vina. "Thank you. Don't worry, I will never betray your trust."

That promise made Vina's heartache for no reason.

She sighed deeply to herself.

"You all should rest. My tent is just next here. If you need anything, just go there."

"Alright, Vina. Salamat uli."

"You sure you don't want to beat her? We swear di ka namin pipigilan."

"Raqie, you meanie old lady..."

"Yah! Who are you calling old lady? Nevermind! I will beat you myself."

"Ha! Can you?"

***