84: Coughed Up Blood 1

"So... Why are you not agreeing with this mission?"

Toby finally asked Nyssa when they both reached her room.

That's right, she already had separate room. Since Jin's mother was trying so hard to get into her better side, this one was provided by her.

"It's a dangerous one." Nyssa simply said.

Agad namang siyang kinaltukan ni Toby. "You think I'll believe that crap? For two years, you have gone into daredevil missions, even joining festivals with more dangers, tapos ngayon sasabihin mo sa akin na dahil delikado ang mission na ito, kaya ka tumatanggi? You think I am an idiot like you?"

Nyssa pouted out of indignation after siyang insultuhin ni Toby.

"Are you gonna die kapag hindi mo ako nasabihang idiot?"

"Maybe..."

"Tch..." Then she rolled her eyes at him. "I just have a bad feeling about this mission. Isa pa, involve ang Central Authorities dito. We can't entirely move with ease."

"Move with ease? Nagpplano ka na naman ba nang mga kalokohan mo? Parang di kita sinabihan na tigilan mo muna ang mga ganyang bagay ah. Don't you have any sense of danger at all? If your constitution are to spread out..."

Nyssa waved her hand to stop Toby. "Alright, alright... Wala naman akong pinaplanong ganun sa ngayon eh. You are just overreacting."

"Overreacting? Ayan nga at galing na nga sa bibig mo. You do not plan as of now but how about later or days after?"

She wanted to cry. This Toby was really sharp, eh?

That night, Toby didn't left her room until she was thoroughly scolded.

***

Nyssa and the rest were given two days to prepare.

Kahit pa kasi sinabi ni Zaki na sila ang pinakamalapit sa Southern-Central boundary, they would still take days bago makarating doon. Kaya naman the early they left the city, the fastest they would reach their destination.

For these two days, they run around the city to gather the things they needed.

They were indeed busy.

But during the second day of their preparation, a visitor came to Jin's house.

Kasalukuyan sila noong nasa study room at nag-eempake ng mga dadalhin nila when Jin's father came with two people.

It was the Governor and Celine.

Natigilan silang lahat ng makita ang dalawa.

What? Were they done being cowards now?

Lihim namang napapatingin sila kay Nyssa.

She actually stopped what she was doing, crossed her arms on her chest and smugly looked at Celine.

Overbearing!

They had no idea Nyssa could be this overbearing if she wanted to.

Jin's father coughed to disrupt the looming tension from the room then started to speak.

"Governor Max and Celine heard about your departure tomorrow. They came to visit you all."

With that cue, Governor Max stepped up and pulled Celine with him. When they finally reached in front of them, he suddenly bowed. He even urged Celine to do the same. Wala tuloy nagawa ang dalaga kundi ang yumuko kahit ayaw niya.

"Please accept our sincere apology." He said.

Lahat sila ay napatingin na kay Nyssa ng tuluyan. In this case, these two were clearly not asking them for forgiveness but hers alone.

After getting gawked at by the people around her, Nyssa's lips had the urge to twitch. What were these people pressuring her for?

She remained her smug expression though. Then she directly spoke with Governor Max.

"I think we have a different meaning of sincere apology, Governor Max."

"Then please tell me what we should do to receive your forgiveness. It was my fault for spoiling my daughter too much. I know, what she has done is extreme. But this father's heart is soft. I can promise you that I will discipline her thoroughly from now on, but please, I beg you, do not ask for my daughter's life."

Nyssa smirked widened. Seeing that no one of her friends, not even Jin's father, was interfering, she decided to take an upper hand.

This Governor is upright, yes. Unfortunately, his daughter was a small demon.

She stood up and walked towards Governor Max.

He quickly hid Celine behind him then he continued bowing his head towards her.

"Governor Max, masyado namang mataas ang tingin mo sa akin. Although my father is one of the two overlords in Eastern Island, I still grew up as a proper lady unlike your beast daughter. Why is it you think I will swallow her whole? I am not that kind of person." She even shook her head in effect.

Everyone in the room almost coughed blood.

Proper lady? In what way?!

"How dare you?!" Celine was fuming mad after getting called as beast daughter. She wanted to grab Nyssa's neck and choke her to death. This bitch!

But then, her father quickly grabbed her hand and stopped her from advancing towards Nyssa.

"I-it's my and Celine's fortune then that Young Miss Ana is a proper lady."

"Pfft..." Toby and Khalil could barely hold their laughters. Their ribs was about to burst open due to hilarity of this situation.

"Of course..." Nyssa agreed with goodnatured smile. Then she reached out her hand towards Governor Max's shoulder.

The man had an urge na tabigin ang kamay ni Nyssa. Clearly, what she had done that day towards Linda brought horror to him.

But he stopped that urge quickly. Instead, he remained his posture, although his shoulders were obviously very tense.

Nyssa was pleased seeing him trembled before her. A City Governor shaking in fear in front of her? That's a crazy thing. She smirked then completely tapped Governor Max's shoulder.

"Anyhow, Governor, you should realize how much injuries I had to endure that day. Your beast daughter sent three maids to kill me. That day, I was just in mid Epic. But she sent a peak Epic level, a mid Legendary level and a peak Legendary level maids to attack me.

"To survive that kind of ambush, I am certain you cannot imagine how much pain I had to endure. If it wasn't for the healing potions my father and dearest sister stored for me, I might really have died then." Nyssa even had an aggrieved expression on her face.

"That... I am willing to compensate. Just tell me how much..." Governor Max wasn't entirely dumb at all. After hearing about the potions, he had already knew what she wanted.

Lalo namang lumawak ang mga ngiti ni Nyssa. You want to compensate, huh? That's good then.

She showed three fingers in front of Governor Max.

***