94: Enjailment 1

"Sonny? Fiona?"

Nyssa was surprised to see the kids outside the headquarters.

There was also something going on with them dahil hilam ng luha si Sonny habang si Fiona naman ay inaalo ang bata.

"Ana... Toby..." Fiona called them with a sad voice.

Toby quickly approached them while Nyssa instinctively looked around them. Her eyes were looking for specific person. But she failed to see the kid she hoping to find amongst them; Sophia.

"Where is Sophia?" A foreboding feeling covered her heart.

"She was taken, Ana." Sonny said while sobbing.

Nyssa was frozen.

Seeing her like that, Toby had a bad feeling of this. He quickly looked at Sony.

"Taken? What do you mean?"

"The authorities took Sophia while the two of us were outside."

When Nyssa heard that, a clamp on her heart suddenly loosened up. Though, her relief was quickly transitioned to frown.

"The authorities? Don't tell me you are still stealing, Sonny?"

"I told them not to. But he and Sophia escaped this morning. Now, it was Sonny who only came back while he was crying. It's my fault. I should have looked thoroughly on them." Fiona said full of self blame.

Agad naman siyang inalo ni Toby. While doing so, his eyes looked at Nyssa and was questioning her what she wanted to do next.

Nyssa sighed though, half due to relief and the rest was due to stress.

"Don't cry now, Fiona and Sonny. Toby and I will go at the Authority Station to pick up Sophia. We will bring her back here then."

***

"You sure about this?" Toby asked her when the two of them were finally in front of the Authority Station.

"Yes."

"Pano kung di nila pakawalan si Sophia?"

"They will. I promise the kids, Toby. Therefore, I am going to do everything to accomplish that."

Napahinga ng malalim si Toby. If it was normal days, he could easily scold her.

However, he could feel how serious Nyssa today. It was like her reverse scale was touched and one more provocation and she might wreck havoc here.

She was indeed exuding a foreboding aura right now.

Anyway, Nyssa started entering the Authority Station kaya agad na naputol ang iniisip ni Toby and he quickly walked next to her. Mahirap na. Nyssa's void could not only neutralize elements power, it could also swallow human essence too.

Once they were inside the station, agad din naman silang inentertain namang mga Authorities doon. Actually, it was thanks to their Centra Cloud Badge and identity. Kundi siguro alam ng mga ito na tagaCentral Cloud sila, baka hindi sila inasikaso ng mga ito.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

Though medyo ayaw pang ibigay sa kanila nung officer si Sophia. Ayaw nitong maniwala na kapatid ni Nyssa ang bata.

Humingi pa ito ng patotoo.

Out of Toby's expectation though, Nyssa conjured two certificates of birth, one for Sophia, one for her, and shoved it to the authorities' front table.

Toby was almost scared out of his wits.

No matter how impulsive Nyssa would be, he never thought when angered, she would be this stupidly brave at all. She didn't even want to respect these Authorities anymore.

Fortunately, the papers seemed to work.

Soon enough, Sophia was already freed.

"To enjail a minor, are you all daft? I think the Central Authorities should hear this anomaly. This is unacceptable."

Napaubo lang naman sa hiya ang mga Authorities na naroon.

How could they repute that? They ahould not be really enjailing a minor.

But they received complaints that the kid was stealing. They thought she was orphaned. But who would have thought that she had a sister from Central Cloud School?

"Ehem... We received complaints that your sister was stealing coin purses."

"Provide me proofs then."

The Authority officers was stumped. Why is this young lady being difficult?

"I won't believe a simple hearsay. Ni dud nga ako kung may isa man sa inyo ang nakakita kung nagnakaw nga ang kapatid ko o hindi. Unless there are valid evidences, your accusation is invalid."

They all fell quiet.

Even Toby was speechless.

Who is this lady? How could she turn a black into white with her words? That's not a skill of the Nyssa he knows...

As for Sophia, she was also surprised and touched at the same time.

Ana told them she was her sister.

Damn... Her eyes were heating up.

Bigla namang lumapit sa kanya ang dalaga at nagcrouch sa harapan niya. When she saw the wounds of Sophia, a suffocating aura suddenly enveloped her.

"Who beat up my sister?"

"T-that... it wasn't our fault." The authorities stuttered.

This time, Nyssa really blamed the authorities incorrectly.

It was that old lady na kinuhaan ng pitaka ni Sophia ang may kagagawan ng mga pasa nito. The old lady used her umbrella and legs to beat her up.

Agad namang inexplain iyon ni Sophia kay Nyssa.

She was already too ashamed for this mess she had caused for Nyssa.

In fact, she really didn't have to steal anymore.

Wala naman silang pinansyal na pangangailangan ngayon dahil pinoprovide na ng dalaga iyon sa kanila.

But she was stubborn and doubted Nyssa.

She thought this lady would only be providing for them at the beginning. So she insisted kanila Fiona at Sonny that stealing now to save later is a must to do right now.

Unfortunately, this wasn't a good day for her.

She was caught, beaten and enjailed.

Out of her expectation though, Nyssa came to bring her out even claiming her as her own sister.

Sophia could thoroughly feel ashamed right now.

Lalo pa nakikita at nararamdaman niyang totoo ang galit ni Nyssa when she saw her wounds.

"Sophia, why don't you bring Ana outside first? Ako na ang bahalang mag-asikaso dito." Toby told the little kid.

Sophia eagerly agreed at hinigit na palabas si Nyssa.

She was still emitting the suffocating aura but she was obviously trying her best to contain it within herself dahil na rin nasabi na naman sa kanya ni Sophia na hindi ang mga authorities dito ang may kasalanan sa pambubugbog sa kanya.

***