Chapter 41

"Philippos, brother, tell Psykhe she can't go. She is still not fit to travel," Isadora pouted, Psykhe chuckled. 

"If you had your way, sister, Psykhe will be stuck here and be your pet, forever," Philippos mocked, and everyone at the dinner table laughed. 

"But in all seriousness, are you sure you are well enough to travel, Psykhe? You know you are welcome to stay with us for as long as you like," Philippos offered, his kind eyes bore into Psykhe's green doe eyes. 

"I know, and I am beyond grateful for what this family has done for me. But I need to start my search soon. The longer I wait, the further I am from my goal," Psykhe replied, her face blushed lightly from the warmth she felt in her heart. 

"I hope you will find your lost husband soon. May happiness find you and your husband at the end of your journey," Philippos said with a big smile. 

"Thank you," Psykhe replied, blushing prettily.

"So romantic. I wish I will have a romantic love story like yours, Psykhe. My true love, somewhere out there, searching for me," Isadora sighed. 

"Maybe if you're not as fierce and wild as you are. More delicate like Psykhe... prettier... then, just maybe?" Demetrios taunted as he guffawed. Isadora stuck out her tongue at her brother. 

"She's the beauty of the village," Psykhe's voice can't hide the fondness she has for her dearest friend, Demetrios scoffed playfully. 

"Why boys line up outside of our house for her is something that I cannot comprehend. Brother, you need to be more intimidating to drive away those pesky vermins," Demetrios huffed, and a hard smack hit the back of his head. He jumped up in pain, flinching at the stern look that Philippos shot at him. 

"Isadora is beautiful as she is – strong and passionate." Psykhe said gently, stroking Isadora's rich brown hair. Isadora smiled at her brothers smugly, and Demetrios kissed the top of his sister's head.

"It's infuriating that nobody was able to catch the thieves that attacked you. They must have been from out-of-town. Animals they are, to have attacked a woman the way they had done to you. And on the way down from the temple of the great Goddess of Love. Apparently they have left their love somewhere else, for a person to have done what they did to you has no heart," said Philippos, a deep frown on his face.